Duplicate Songs

Started by TMott, October 14, 2007, 05:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMott

Is there any way in OtsAV Pro version to avoid duplicating songs in the playlist and/or history to prevent playing the same song twice in a given gig?

blaineb

uncheck Transfer History to Playlist
http://www.otsav.com/doc/webdoc/Using_OtsAV/Playlist_features/Playlist_configuration_options.htm

Ots Media Query Language (OMQL)
The lastplay keyword has two formats. You can specify a time value and unit, such as "2 hours", "5 minutes", "44 seconds", "1 month", "27 years", etc, and the expression will evaluate to true only for items which have been played within that timeframe -- since we are using the 'less-than' (<) relational operator. If we used the 'greater-than' operator, then the expression would return true only for items which were last played longer ago than the period of time specified. The second format for the lastplay keyword is to use the 'unset' keyword argument after it, instead of a relational operator and value. "lastplay unset" evaluates to true for items which have never been played. In full therefore, this OMQL query is saying "Show items that have never been played or were played within the last two hours".
http://www.otsav.com/doc/webdoc/References/OMQ_Import.htm

now if you are Manually adding songs, then you need to manually check for duplication
Loyal OTSDJ user since 2001-02-03 03:28:10+10

PAAA-BF3N OtsDJ Pro x 4
PAT1-JEHX Karaoke CD+G Module x 2 (Second OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PBP1-XWAT Video Module x 2 (First OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PAAA-BK21 Scheduling & Logging x 2
PAST-CKQH OtsBoomBox 1.0 x 2

TMott

Great information. I'm now a big fan of the OMQL. I was able to address two seperate issues using this wonderful option.
I also was able to retrieve my playlist from Saturday night to submit to an High School Administrator. Thank you   :thumbsup:

blaineb

Just remember as you tweak your lastplay keyword that you need enough music to qualify the query, or you will start seeing placeholders in your playlist this is because you ran out of songs that qualify
Loyal OTSDJ user since 2001-02-03 03:28:10+10

PAAA-BF3N OtsDJ Pro x 4
PAT1-JEHX Karaoke CD+G Module x 2 (Second OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PBP1-XWAT Video Module x 2 (First OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PAAA-BK21 Scheduling & Logging x 2
PAST-CKQH OtsBoomBox 1.0 x 2