Happy Holidays and thanks...

Started by Mike Sinclair, December 08, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

I recently sold my final Ots license. I was hanging onto one of them on the off chance that the software might get updated and work with modern equipment. I've since let go of that hope. I know a lot of you guys are OK with the software in its current state, and if it works for you that way, I don't judge. It's just that, for me, I am disappointed at the lack of development, features and controller support. The behavior of midi changed with Esperance (and not in a good way). I've been a mobile DJ since 1987. I discovered OtsJuke in 99 and dove on it immediately. At the time, it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen! I miss feeling that way about Ots. I don't know if they made enough money selling it as a jukebox to bars and bowling alleys and realized they didn't need to cater to the mobile DJ community or what. But, whatever the case, it's been 20 years and we've seen very little in the maturity of this software. With all of that said, aside from the initial excitement of Ots, the thing I liked the most was you guys. This group has always been one of the best user groups ever! There isn't a lot of bashing here, just a lot of helpful, amazing people. Thanks for the many years of advice and patience and I sincerely wish all of you amazing holidays, health and happiness. I will pop in on occasion to see what's going on, but unless there's a major release, I don't see myself as an Ots user anytime soon. -Mike

Jigger

I understand how you feel and agree, for me I only use Ots for pleasure now and still have 4 licences on various computers.
I have been on this forum since the beginning also before that with Jeff on another site so long ago I can't remember its name but it was no where near as good as this forum has been.
I wish you well and look forward to you popping in from time to time.
Also thank you for your contributions.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro