Rare Species: Groomzilla

Started by clover-leaf-productions, August 30, 2015, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clover-leaf-productions

Greetings To The OTs World!

Well we have seen a lot of things as we host the professional entertainment for various weddings, but last night was a first.
It was supposed to be an easy night of a casual second wedding for a middle aged bride, and groom.  They wanted just some fun music from the 70's , and 80's.  They were to have a themed reception, since the wedding actually took place on Friday night.  The theme of the reception was Love Children, and everybody was encouraged to show in their tie dyed affair.

The guests were all Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, the youngest being 70.  We expected to see work colleagues of the bride, and groom, based on the information they gave us.  Those folks did not show.

So for most of the evening the groom is going off on my partner that we are playing the wrong music, and the guests are not dancing.  He was quite abusive, but my partner is thick skinned.  That is why he is the client interface, and I am the talent for our team.  If there is an amusing point, the bride loved what we did.  She is a part time event planer for the hall where we were set up.  She knew we were in a tough room, and she thought we really did a great job, with the crowd we had to work with.

SO yes there is such a thing as groomzilla. :)
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com