Esperance pre-release update

Started by Ots_Adam, July 26, 2012, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott hanna

Quote from: Jigger on July 30, 2012, 05:24:58 AM
Lets face it the DJ market is small, Ots needs more than the DJ Market, I can see  where they are coming from, of course it is  important to DJs, but the market is small compared to the other areas they cover. I think if Ots only relied on the DJ market they wouldn't be around today, you can see from Adam's and Steve's recent posts the amount of people taking advantage of the recent offer not just single licences but multiples, not many djs will be doing that.
Be honest a lot of so called DJs dip in to the business, do it as cheap as they can often with illegal software then just fade away, those that want to do it properly will buy good software and work hard to achieve high standards and a good business.

I agree.  That could be one reason you see other dj software companies merging with other software companies.  Very difficult to make a business out of just selling software to DJs
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

whisper

i see the clock at the top is set to hawaiin time...
seeing that the company is based is stockholm sweden..maybe time to reset the clock to that time zone... :thumbsup:
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

discodonal.com

I think it Hawaian time zone in line with Ots using this time zone for other releases.

Darryl

Ots Labs have ran promotions to 23:59 Hawaian time in the past. I think it's fair to assume that if they leave it until the last possible moment, it would be the last time zone on the planet.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Dale James

Right, just after 5am Hong kong time, been up all night ... gonna sleep for a few hours.

Hopefully, when i wake up i'll be in Esperance
Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

JustMe

While being a resident in the state of Hawaii, I always feel honored that OTS uses my time zone for its promotions. :)

So when they say midnight 7/31, I know its really midnight for me.  And all of you gain some extra hours in the process. :thumbsup:

However, it is spelt HAWAIIAN, not "hawaian" or "hawaiin"  :icon_lol:

Just a little while more guys...
Russell (aka JustMe)
S&L: PAM9-PLYH / OtsAV: PA6M-Y7PP / OtsAV: PB39-TKVH / OtsDJ Boombox:  PAAA-BJ25

Jumpin' Jeff

Russell! I knew that, but it slipped me mind when I did it. Thanks for the tip off!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Darryl

I copied the post above. I had no idea how to spell it. Thanks.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

cprman67

Awfully quiet around here all of a sudden....... :wacko: :confused:

snowman

WII TAKE CALLER # 15 FOR are prizeline THEN THE phone company
hears all the relay's go BANG  .       Does this sound familiar?   

Snowman    :wowza:
For the coolest music dance with the Snowman.

djnpd

I just cannot understand why they have not released any information about what is in the release.

Wetting people's appetite is a good way to create intrest in the release.

Just my thoughts as it has been a long time coming and it would seem that the release may simply be propaganda or spin.

All they need to do is send out an email to all licensee's and say the release will contain, this, this and this.

Nicolee

Quote from: djnpd on July 31, 2012, 05:50:52 AM
I just cannot understand why they have not released any information about what is in the release.

Wetting people's appetite is a good way to create intrest in the release.

Just my thoughts as it has been a long time coming and it would seem that the release may simply be propaganda or spin.

All they need to do is send out an email to all licensee's and say the release will contain, this, this and this.

It's the way it has always been with OtsCorp, they dangle the carrot in front of you to either get you excited or to purely wind you up, hence my earlier post.

Myself will wait until after the release and assess if I need another licence, as I cannot justify spending money on something that I know nothing about. Of course I know features what exist in Ots current form, but who's to say things might be so radically different with regard to its layout it may end up pushing people away, highly unlikely but nether the less a risk as people will always have differing views on what the like, also there are folks who simply don't like change and would prefer to stick with what they have.

All we can do it wait and see what transpires.
PDI's :

OtsAV Pro : PAAA-BF4B (OtsJuke since Nov 2000)
OtsAV Pro : PAB5-KQL8 (OtsAV Pro)

mel garland

Doesn't time drag when you are waiting for something :rolleyes:
Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

Keith

"This was posted 5 hours ago on Facebook"

A lot of chatter about the Esperance release on the www.facebook.com/OtsAVDJ page! Who would have thought? :)

It's currently 5:54am in HAST - the timezone Ots Labs uses for all promotions, etc, as others have noted.

~18 hours remaing. Can we do it???

Have we ever missed a "line in the sand"? ;)

Thanks for your passion. We LOVE it!!

BJ

Thought I would Jump in,