.ots files saved under a name not the same as the Album name.

Started by riftvalley, July 26, 2019, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riftvalley

Hi, not sure where to put this query.

Using Ots Studio to convert CDs to .ots files I am getting strange results for the album titles.  For example, I was changing a Karaoke file "Cheesy Party Album" to .ots format and it appears to have converted OK, but when I use the term "Cheesy", for example, to search in OtsAV the title cannot be found.

However, if I search by a single track for example "Hey Baby" I can find the correct file.  If I hover the cursor over the title I see the album is saved as "ZM-VS-CP-020" I have added a screenshot to show the file definitions.

In file explorer I cannot find any way to modify this result.  Very inconvenient to have to search on "ZM-VS-CP-020" to find a particular track.

Although this is a (Cheesy) Karaoke specific case I have found this problem on a number of other albums, any ideas how I can get OtsAV to search on the original .ots file name?

Note, that the correct title can be seen in the screen shot.

Many thanks
Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation

socialdancer

Ots doesn't use the Windows filename internally, except of course to find the file on the PC.
The album title is a field within the Ots file and may have been wrongly identified during the conversion process.
The title is easily changed with Ots Studio and can be simply done from within Otsav by double clicking the item to open the Item Information window then selecting Edit in Ots Studio.  Save the changes and close Studio then finally select Refresh From File to copy the changes into the oml database.

Within Studio, the album title should be a chunk inside the Global section, top left.

riftvalley

Many thanks, Social Dancer,

Easy when you know how. I was fixated with trying to change the titles in File Explorer, didn't think of Studio.-

Edited in-situ, refreshed and all is fine.

Many many thanks again, sorry about ghastly tunes but people want to sing this stuff!

Kindest regards
Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation