Turntables or no Turntables

Started by cprman67, August 02, 2012, 03:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cprman67

Maybe I missed it. I have done a search for something on this topic, but can't seem to find it. The turntables aren't showing up on my screen. I have them enabled, but still nothing. I can't seem to really find anything on them as far as getting them to show up. Any help on this?
Thanks in advance.
p.s. downloaded this morning, but was only able to start really playing with it a couple of hours ago, and already I am beginning to like this set up....

Dr.J

Have Esperance running right now and if I resize the window and make it too narrow the turntables disappear. This leads me to believe there is a minimum width needed for the turntables, it looks to be about 1280 pixels wide, so give that a try.

scott hanna

under, view....turntables....show(if possible)

when checked, if there is enough room on your screen, they'll show up
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

mel garland

Hope you get the decks working.  To be honest when I first fired up Esp I didn't like the decks so turned them off, but later turned them back on for a play with the scratching etc and I now really like them.  The arm animation is brill, watching the arm sway from side to side, also good for spotting which deck is playing at a glance.
Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

Jumpin' Jeff

Pretty much corrent what the Dr. said. If your display isn't wide enough, and you are full screen, they won't display.

My display I'm using at the moment is 1024 wide, and when I stretch it to this width they display when it snaps to this width. So with that I'm going to state I believe the minimum width for displaying turntables, is 1024 pixels.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

JohnnyTheFox

Would be nice if the turntables used the album art
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] - PDI:PBH1-543J - 2 licenses
OtsAV TV Broadcaster - PDI:PB2Y-JZR1
OtsAV Radio Broadcaster - PDI:PAPE-H3HR
OtsAV Radio Webcaster - PDI:PBPK-TP67
OtsTurntables Silver - PDI:PA3C-KLZY

'The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine' - Abraham Lincoln

cprman67

Yep, I made it a higher resolution and they popped right on there..Thanks for the help...

Dj Buik

Quote from: Artist formerly known as 'Jumpin' Jeff' on August 02, 2012, 11:12:16 AM
Pretty much corrent what the Dr. said. If your display isn't wide enough, and you are full screen, they won't display.

My display I'm using at the moment is 1024 wide, and when I stretch it to this width they display when it snaps to this width. So with that I'm going to state I believe the minimum width for displaying turntables, is 1024 pixels.

I tested it on a native 1024x768 resolution screen.
The turntables aren't showing up in this resolution, and you can not enable them in this resolution.

Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Jumpin' Jeff

Buik, your width at that resolution is 768, and needs to be a min of 1024, so you'll need to bump up to the next resolution setting. 1280x1024.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Dj Buik

No, the width of this monitor is 1024 pixels and the height = 768 pixels.

Its an old monitor, it  doesn't support higher resolutions.

Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Jumpin' Jeff

Oops! You're right. It's minimum width of 1280, not 1024. It still ends up the standard 1280 width is 1024 height.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

Just ran Autohokeys spy program and determined the minimums...

Absolute minimum is 1024x600. You can't resize any smaller than this.
To add video monitors, you must maintain a minimum 1024x720 pixels.
and to include turntables, you must run 1280x600, or 1280x720 with vid monitors.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

djnpd

Personally not a fan of the turntables as they serve no purpose, other programs use them with functionality however in this case they do nothing but take up space.

Instead they would have been better to make the decks bigger and make the looping buttons larger.