Is it possible

Started by nleric, March 30, 2012, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nleric

Hi,
I have a lot of videos on a seperate hard disk, my music is on the laptop hard drive, it is possible for OTSDJ to work from both hardrives ?
or do I need to have all music/videos on the same drive? If i opt for the external drive only, how do I need to remove the OML file to stop OTSDJ loading it and creating a new OML file for the music on the external drive?
Thanks,
Noel

Bryan Durio

I think you can do separate scans for the two drives. For the separate video drive, click Import/Refresh Files -> Import/Refresh Folder, then navigate to the folder where your videos are, and let Ots import away.

I think you can do pretty much the same if you opt for having everything on the external drive, but using the Re-Link Unavailable Albums button instead. Ots will scan the new drive, but if you end up with a bunch of greyed out icons in the Media Library, you'd most likely have to delete them using the Unavailable Albums drop-down box in the Media Library display.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

Jammin' Adam

You can use both drives for OtsAV if you like, it will work just fine.

But if you are going to want to use both drives at one time or the internal or external drives only at other times, then you will need to create an oml file for all the different drive configurations.

First, create a backup copy of your current OML file and place it in the main Ots Labs folder, rename your backed up OML file to a name such as "OtsAVDJ_Music.oml". This will be your Internal Music Drive Only OML file. You can then place the renamed file into the Data folder where your original OML file is.

Next open Ots AV, then import your External Video Drive into OtsAV to combine all of the Music and Video Files together, do the category creations for the new imported items and what not or save that task for later, then in the "File" menu click, Media Library> Save to save this to the original OML file.

Then go back into the File Menu and click Media Library > Clear All and the Media Library will be cleared, Then import the External Drive again into OtsAV but do not import the Internal, Do the category thing again or save for later, then Close Otsav, Do not click the "Save" or "Don't Save" buttons, Click the "Prompt For New Filename" Button, in the File Name box of the Save OML window type in "OtsAVDJ_Video" and click "Save", this will create the Video Drive Only OML file.

Finally create a shortcut to each OML file and place them on your desktop, when you double click the shortcut OtsAV will open with the appropriate media library for the approprite shortcut opened (Music, Video, or Both) and at the end of the gig, OtsAV will save to that OML file when closed and saved.

The downside is last play information will only be saved in the currently opened oml file, it will not update songs played in the other oml files.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

nleric

Brilliant, thanks to you all for the great replies
Noel :laugh: