new service for mixmash (europe only)

Started by whisper, August 03, 2011, 11:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whisper

mixmash are now running download service
wish they would cut to the chase and do current top 40 material

please note this is europe only service (eu countries)

weekly mixmash..£10 available for download
this is a weekly service now.
and reinforces the fact that the next release of otsav has to support mp4
quickmash no 17 tracklist

1    JLS feat. Dev - She Makes Me Wanna (Kardinal Beats Remix - VPS DJ-Friendly Video Edit) 
2    Encore - Tit For Tat (Matt Nash & Dave Silcox Remix -VPS Video Remix) 
3    Calvin Harris - Feel So Close (Benny Benassi Remix - VPS DJ-Friendly Video Edit) 
4    Muttonheads - Trust You Again 
5    Spiritchaser - These Tears (Club Edit - VPS DJ-Friendly Video Edit) 
6    Copyright feat. Nuwella - Love I'm All Yours (Main Mix - VPS DJ-Friendly Video Edit) 
7    Jennifer Hudson - No One Gonna Love You (Jason Nevins Remix - VPS DJ-Friendly Video Edit) 
8    Darren Hayes - Talk Talk Talk (Club Junkies Radio Edit - VJ Tony Video Mix) 
9    Will Young - Jealousy 
10    Magnetic Man feat. P Money -Anthemic

full specification for each format

High quality MPEG-4 (HI RES)
16:9 1024 x 576 square pixels  video = 4300kbps audio = 320kbps 120mb
4:3 768 x 576 square pixels  video = 4300kbps audio = 320kbps 120mb
Standard MPEG-4 (STD RES)
16:9 640 x 360 square pixels video = 3500kbps audio = 320kbps 90mb
4:3 640 x 480 square pixels video = 3500kbps audio = 320kbps 90mb
Standard MPEG-2 (MPEG2)
4:3 720 x 576 square pixels video = 4000kbps audio = 256kbps  120mb

current available downloads at the moment..

•60s Classics Volume 1
•Dance August 2011
•Dance July 2011
•Français Août 2011
•Français Julliet 2011
•Indie August 2011
•Indie July 2011
•Italiano Agosto 2011
•Italiano Luglio 2011
•Party Classics Vol.30
•Party Classics Vol.31
•Party Classics Vol.32
•Pop August 2011
•Pop July 2011
•QuickMash 2011 - 01
•QuickMash 2011 - 02
•QuickMash 2011 - 03
•QuickMash 2011 - 04
•QuickMash 2011 - 05
•QuickMash 2011 - 06
•QuickMash 2011 - 07
•QuickMash 2011 - 08
•QuickMash 2011 - 09
•QuickMash 2011 - 10
•QuickMash 2011 - 11
•QuickMash 2011 - 12
•QuickMash 2011 - 13
•QuickMash 2011 - 14
•QuickMash 2011 - 15
•QuickMash 2011 - 16
•QuickMash 2011 - 17
•Urban August 2011
•Urban July 2011

so far it's only recent stuff on the download side..but i expect for them te release full back catalogue as time goes by.

OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

tower

I thought wide screen did not use square pixels?  and why MUST we rush to MP4 when all Mixmash content is available in MPEG2 or VOB (same thing) formats now and has served me well over the years.   Few Video Discotheques have the luxury of a Hi Def digital network to plug into and most feed SVGA into analogue distribution systems.   So importing anything higher than Ots Enhanced Resolution would be over kill.

Oh and one more thing, The MPEG2 are wide-screen as well, don't let anyone tell you they are not, for that is what we use.

Your MP4 are just going to end up Ots Enhanced Def.... Unless of course you are going to fork out the BIG MONEY for a TV Broadcast version of Ots to run your mobile Video Disco on....
Yeah right I can just see that ...

So once again I ask, what is this clamour about MP4 being so essential for.  Could it be because there are a lot, (and I mean A LOT) of pirated video ripped in MP4 out there on the Pirate Bay and Demonoid eh? and some ots users are quite happy to import that into there collections using ots studio if they can????   I must point out that most of the pirated TV Video rips in MP4 on Bit torrent do not do the mp4 format any favours as they compress the poor old video's to within a pixel of life its self.

djandy

MP4 is a must for OTSAV as many of the videos from dtvideos, promo only, mixmash, vidoepool are all in MP4
plus you can tag them up just like a MP3 
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ Pdi = PAR6-2WWQ
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic Pdi = PBHZ-5G5L
Karaoke CD+G Module Pdi = PAB2-MEAQ
Video Module Pdi = PAF6-3FTC

Dr.J

I believe .mp4 offers a better visual quality based on size of the video. That is the only compelling argument for it's implementation. It requires higher computer requirements for playback and will degrade the video quality, but that could also be said of .mp3 files :)

Each to their own, there will always be those that just get by, then those that are audio/video-files. I prefer the higher quality - better sounding and better looking - when they are available.

whisper

had a problem downloading quickmash 19 on friday so left it as thought there was problem with server and site... :angry1:
despite signing in about 6 times over friday and saturday..couldn't get that download at all... :ohmy:
so thought i would leave it till monday morning and phone them.... :unsure:

i got a call from mixmash sunday morning..i didn't phone them as i thought they would be closed over the weekend... :rolleyes:

it was there tech guy who said he was basically on call 24/7 and noticed i had signed in and out trying to get said download..
he was apologetic assured me it would sorted within the hour...
lo and behold it was... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so really pleased they contacted me rather me them..well impressed with customer service...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

Darryl

I met the mixmash guys (Mark and Spencer) in London a couple if years ago. They were very pleasant to deal with. When the postal strike was on they got the discs I wanted ready and arranged for me to pick them up from their offices. They've also been very helpful when I had a problem with their website.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.