Hi All Need somehelp Please

Started by John Webb, July 13, 2010, 04:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Webb

:thumbsup:John Music2Party DJ
Hi All after trying OTSAV DJ I have bought it, but need a bit of help as I start on my long learning curve on how it all works?
How do I convert the mp3 files to ots files and not also leave the mp3 there as well?
I have carried out a full back up first so I still have my mp3s saved if anything should go wrong.
Same for MP3+G files as using the studio program to bulk convert seems to have doubled my hard drive usage?
Hope you can understand my questions I have version 185 and the latest update running on Vista.
Look forward to reading any replies and thanks for reading.
Kind Regards
John Webb
Eastbourne UK

PDI Licences:
PBZF-BVBF OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 x1
PASH-KXPT OtsAV DJ Pro 1.90 x1
PBRD-QDRN OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 x1
PAB2-WL29  OtsTurntables Pro 1.0 x1

Jigger

Quote from: Music2Party on July 13, 2010, 04:52:55 AM
:thumbsup:John Music2Party DJ
Hi All after trying OTSAV DJ I have bought it, but need a bit of help as I start on my long learning curve on how it all works?
How do I convert the mp3 files to ots files and not also leave the mp3 there as well?
I have carried out a full back up first so I still have my mp3s saved if anything should go wrong.
Same for MP3+G files as using the studio program to bulk convert seems to have doubled my hard drive usage?
Hope you can understand my questions I have version 185 and the latest update running on Vista.
Look forward to reading any replies and thanks for reading.
Welcome to the forum John.
Firstly you have done the right thing by creating a back up of your files.
As you have made a back up after using the Ots batch convert just delete your MP3s when they are converted.

Remember at this time you can not convert back to original file for videos, so its worth keeping a back up for them.
I hope this helps, I am sure others will post, Many members here will be glad to help when you need it  with any questions you may have.
But I am sure you will get to know the program well.
Enjoy

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

DJ B-rad

Are u planning on using your mp3's or mpg's with any other programs?  If not, like jigger said you only need to keep a backup of your video files at this point.  Both your audio and karaoke files at this point are easily backward compatible with just the click of the mouse.  With that said, how far along are you and what do you need help with?

DJ B-rad

Also, please list your pdi number, some guys won't help unless you have a real version of ots.