Video glitching on playback..

Started by Munchee DJ, April 21, 2010, 04:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munchee DJ

Now this is a weird one, I've noticed some of my video clips will glitch and the frames will kinda pull back and there sometimes is a little bit of disruption in the audio. Yet when you bring the clip back and play it again, the glitching won't happen a second time in that part. It also happens at least twice on most video clips.

Now the System is capable of running ots fine, runs at around 20% load so no problems there. Its a quad core with 4 GBs ram and the graphics cards are decent as well so its not hardware related. Reinstalled windows didn't help, and the drives are no where near full..

Would there be any options inside ots that could cause this kind of error?

I'm really stumped for an answer

Ta

milky

There are no settings I'm aware of. The PC certainly sounds like it has enough grunt. Drivers are the next thing to look at. Are they the latest for both sound AND video?
What happens if you play the original source DVD?
Could it be a resolution setting?
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Munchee DJ

Right so I switched from my soundcard out to my on board sound through the motherboard and it doesn't seem to be happening yet. Watching in anticipation though.

Would the sound card be able to effect the audio AND video feed as well? Something I wouldn't have though could happen as I guessed they would be seperate and the audio card could only effect the audio..

Will report back if it happens again though, fingers crossed

milky

Quote from: Munchee DJ on April 21, 2010, 09:52:27 PM

Would the sound card be able to effect the audio AND video feed as well? Something I wouldn't have though could happen as I guessed they would be separate and the audio card could only effect the audio..

It depends on how your motherboard and the drivers handle interrupts. If they are shared between the audio and video (unfortunately, too common), one can affect the other. I have reported elsewhere that I upgraded my motherboard from a core 2 duo (which ran audio and video Sync Lock A perfectly) to a quad core, and then got Sync Lock C as the best option. A quick upgrade of the relevant drivers, even though they were fine on the previous mobo, resolved the problem completely.

If the problem has gone on the internal audio device, see if you can upgrade the other sound card's drivers, and possibly also the video. If this doesn't resolve it, we may have to look at forcing one or the other device to use a different interrupt.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38