Personalized OTS settings

Started by Jim Horn, March 26, 2010, 10:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Horn

What are some your favorite settings in OTS?

Have you tweaked any compression, limiting, etc.?

Tim Gainer

I've had my trusty copy of vers 1.15(!) for almost 8 years and I can honestly say that i haven't so much as thought of changing the dynamics! It all sounds so...

good!

The Dynamics were what llured me towards it to begin with. I've never looked back!   :)
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

Jammin' Adam

Two things in the DP have allways been constant in my settings, Limiter (0dB), and AGC (Thresh -60dB; Target -12dB; Scope 6dB; Attack 30ms; Release 300ms), I like the AGC to respond slowly so level changes are barely noticable and the compressor is actualy doing all the work.

Compressor I have set at: Thresh -12dB; Knee 0dB; Ratio 9:1; Attack and Release both set at 1ms. With these settings I can actually disable the limiter on most songs and the meters do not go red but I leave it enabled just in case.

Input gain is usually set at 0 or +1dB.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V