How do you build automated playlists?

Started by djblaser, December 23, 2008, 01:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djblaser

I am a well versed Serato DJ and I just purchased OtsAV. So far is really is a great program especially for automated DJing. I am a mixer at heart so turntables with serato are the only way for me however I have installed Ots AV DJ for a client that is looking to have music video playback everynight at there venue. They pay me to put together several different playlists and save them onto there desktop each month so the daytime and nighttime managers can just double click on the shortcut on the desktop and everything automatically plays. It has to be stupid proof so thats why I chose Ots after several recomendations.
I obviously have figured out how to drag and drop the videos from the library to playlist but how do I save a playlist to my desktop for automated playback so they can click on a specific shortcut file and everything goes from there.
Any help would be great.
Thank you,
RJ

NOTE: I saw the autogeneration tool but thats not what I want to do. I want to make my own playlist, save it and have it so they can just click on it and it goes from there.
Thanks

Jigger

When you have compiled your play list, you can then right click and select all, then export as an ofl list, save this to the desk top. Don't forget to name it.
Once its on the desktop double click the icon it will open Ots and start playing. Hope this helps.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

djblaser

I was able to do that but sometimes it stops on a song and I have to hit play to get it to start again. Any idea why it would do that? Also is there a way to set the order everything is played. doesn't seem like it is playing it in the order I set.
Thanks,
RJ
Merry Christmas!

Jigger

Quote from: djblaser on December 26, 2008, 03:59:51 AM
I was able to do that but sometimes it stops on a song and I have to hit play to get it to start again. Any idea why it would do that? Also is there a way to set the order everything is played. doesn't seem like it is playing it in the order I set.
Thanks,
RJ
Merry Christmas!
If it stops on a song check the track it shouldn't do that. as for the order everything is played, they should play as the play list is made up originally, again it could be a faulty track and it is skipping it. Does the play list play normally if you don't export it?
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

djblaser

Looks like it was just misbehaving. Seems to be working now.
Thank you!

v13v6

I use powergold, it took me alot of time to implant gold's file into otsav, I have a very wide music base and all the information outro/intro, fade/cold ending initialy was added in powergold. I coldn't manage to add this info into ots program. BPM is written in mp3 file. 

Dr.J

Hi v13v6, I'm not sure if you are asking a question or just making a statement. But, if you have information that isn't importing into OtsAV, then I'm going to assume it's because OtsAV only converts the basic information like ARTIST and TITLE from the id tags. Anything information beyond this would require you to re-enter the appropriate information into either the media library or the actual .ots files. Keep in mind that can have OtsStudio scan your files to automatically enter the BPM information for you.

v13v6

Hi Dr.J
Fortunatly, I don't use ots studio, i think it's useless for those who has a lot of tracks in music base, because you will spend alot of time to mark every song with intro and other information. I think it must be a solution for big RADIO STATIONS to export their data from schedular to otsav with all storing information

v13v6

Moreove, information from ID tags is shortly displayed not like it's writen in mp3 files with long names (((

Lane

OtsStudio will auto calculate intro and outros for standard mixes, but also lets you edit them. Yes, the more time you spend, the more info you'll have in there, but you need not worry about this for standard mixes. The auto-calculated information is very good in the vast majority of cases. If you need it to exactly match what your other software is doing, there is no way I know of to import it.  
It's all just programming :P

orzingar

There's no need to do any calculation, Everything is done initially and record into other program which makes songs rotation much more professional than it does otsav rotator. Just accept that it's not possible to processing 30 000 songs by hand. I like otsav makes mixing. I never met any other programs do this as otsav, that is why I have choosing it. BUT it doesn't satisfied some professional needs that commercials fm station requires. Just observe Digiton Synadyn, UDS, and even RADIO Player Pro! It's not friendly for DJ working on air at all! I like it only for best mixing technology!
As to ots studio and subsequent ots format it's not acceptable for commercials at all, if we start to overwrite all our mp3 files from music base to ots format we will defiantly loose the quality of songs.
I couldn't find on this forum how can I adopt my powergold rotator and playlist files to otsav. I addressed to support but their help brought me nothing. But you should keep in your mind that most of big commercials radio stations use this program. I did a lot of efforts to find a solution to do that! But I still have some problems with otsav, may be you will help me to solve it.
1.   How it's possible to add information intro/outro and end of the songs (fade/cold) from powergold to playlist  in ots???
2.   For automatic identifying BPM we use mixmeister  http://www.mixmeister.com  it adds BPM info into mp3 file tags. How can we add it to ots?
3.   Otsav reads and displays tag information only from ID3v1 but as it 's known it's not complete. The wide song information has ID3v2 how can we fix program to read info from it?
4.   And the last one all Russians tracks which were imported to ots base  are not correctly displayed  some of them shows instead of Russians letters only """"""" how to correct it?
If we can to solve out some of these problems maybe with a help of developers it would be really great! I think finally this particular program will be the best one for broadcasters.
Thanks a lot!

orzingar

Just look at this
The correct name in winamp that is in Russian language and how ots displays it
(((

mpanda

Orzingar,

you put a lot of meat on fire.
Your post sounds like a mix of questions and considerations.
I'm not a moderator but I'd suggest you could open one or more specific threads in order to try to help you as much as possible.
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Lane

Orzingar,

To my knowledge, there are no solutions to your 4 numbered questions. Perhaps another user has tackled this, and will chime in with a solution, but I've never seen it discussed before. I'm not optimistic.

Keep in mind we're a users group, and not an official support channel. You may wish to email Ots themselves. If they can't provide a solution, I would then assume there isn't one. (I'm not clear if you emailed them yet based on what you wrote. Perhaps you have.)
It's all just programming :P

orzingar

Hi Lane,
I'm just the opposite very optimistic, because when I addressed to official support to help me fixing powergold and otsav, they have me only information that extension of the file must be otm. And they heard that someone used powergold with ots, nevertheless I have fixed the program by myself. Maybe some one will help me with this problem. Who knows?