Esperance 1.90 observations & Suggestions

Started by interactive dj, August 02, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweet-lovelle

Quote from: kmorris on August 04, 2012, 05:21:27 PM

Bug? While the scroll wheel on a mouse works great... the right edge finger-drag equivalent on a touchpad no longer does. It's not a big issue, but it worked previously and I relied on it a lot.

Don't have any problems with it!

Jumpin' Jeff

Milky, I've just had a play with AHK controlling esperance via keyboard commands.

This seems to work for me...
Play
Stop
Play
Stop
Play

Pause
unpause

Play
stop
play
stop
play

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode RegEx

WinGetClass, Class,ahk_class OtsAV|OtsDJ ; Get the "Active" OtsAV/OtsDJ window's class
;MsgBox, The active window's class is "%Class%".
WinActivate, ahk_class %Class%
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p

sleep 1000
sendplay ^+p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+p
sleep 1000

sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Greg Frasier

After 2 weddings the only thing I don't like is the background color. For my eyes, the black makes it really hard for me to see the titles.

milky

Quote from: Artist formerly known as 'Jumpin' Jeff' on August 04, 2012, 07:30:25 PM
Milky, I've just had a play with AHK controlling esperance via keyboard commands.

This seems to work for me...
Play
Stop
Play
Stop
Play

Pause
unpause

Play
stop
play
stop
play

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode RegEx

WinGetClass, Class,ahk_class OtsAV|OtsDJ ; Get the "Active" OtsAV/OtsDJ window's class
;MsgBox, The active window's class is "%Class%".
WinActivate, ahk_class %Class%
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p

sleep 1000
sendplay ^+p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+p
sleep 1000

sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p
sleep 1000
sendplay ^+s
sleep 1000
sendplay ^p

Thanks, JJ. Your code is pretty much the same as mine. I eventually got it to work by including an additional {Shift up}. For some reason, as Steve indicated, the shift stayed on after the stop. Oh, and I was using SendInput, not SendPlay.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Darryl

I've had Windows think that various modifier keys are stuck (<Ctrl> especially) on various occasions - without using any automation software.  I had to press the keys on the keyboard to un-stick them.  You might want to check that Sticky Keys has also been disabled because Windows will switch that on if it sees a number of consecutive presses of the <Ctrl> key for instance.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

tredvet

is there any way to go back to my ots 1.8576

Marty

Dj Buik

Quote from: tredvet on August 05, 2012, 04:54:28 PM
is there any way to go back to my ots 1.8576

Marty
Backup your media library, remove your otsav license key, uninstall your current version, delete the Ots directory.
Delete the OtsAv registry keys. (Maybe somebody can give the exact registry path, because i do not know at the moment)
Install 1.85, install license key, restore media library, and your done.
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Dub2Dat

Quote from: H8ytr on August 04, 2012, 05:33:02 PM
!
c) New laptop, new trial software, so I have to select all and add to category again....WHY oh why is there not an ADD ALL button when adding cats....I've had to press YES 128 times!...yes it's OK to add DANCE as a category, please just add all of them without asking me!

Hey H8,

If I understand you meaning correctly you are killing yourself.  After you get ESP up and running open your media library file from 1.85...and all your cats and files are there in ESP.  Takes about 5 seconds.

Jumpin' Jeff

Milky,
I chose sendplay due to the nature of your problem. Seemed to provide the most reliable solution without interuption, and not "Simulated".

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm#SendPlayDetail
SendPlay's biggest advantage is its ability to "play back" keystrokes and mouse clicks in a broader variety of games than the other modes. For example, a particular game may accept hotstrings only when they have the SendPlay option.

Of the three sending modes, SendPlay is the most unusual because it does not simulate keystrokes and mouse clicks per se. Instead, it creates a series of events (messages) that flow directly to the active window (similar to ControlSend, but at a lower level).

Like SendInput, SendPlay's keystrokes do not get interspersed with keystrokes typed by the user. Thus, if the user happens to type something during a SendPlay, those keystrokes are postponed until afterward.

Although SendPlay is considerably slower than SendInput, it is usually faster than the traditional SendEvent mode (even when KeyDelay is -1).
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

DJ M

Quote from: djnpd on August 04, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
Ots Steve,

Is there a way to hide Karaoke and Video files in the library, this could also be done to remove Audio files for Karaoke DJs.

Can you show me a way to do this via OHML system?

Another question regarding the OHML queries alrady made for us, is there a way to add out own to the list?

Cheers
Nick Pollock

Nick, if you set the rating of all your karaoke files to 0. Then in the options menu (I can't remember where just now) there is the option to hide all songs rated 0. That way they don't show up in the ML until you wnat them to. Thenm you just reverse the hide all songs rated 0 option.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body