What Are Your Initial Thoughts About Esperance??

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 01, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianforest

I disagree full stop.

OMQL is so very powerful, embrace it Jeff  :laugh:
Big Ian
PDI: PBV9-DN2Z

cprman67

I haven't used it at a gig yet, but I can see the search is so much better. If you click on beatles, you still have to scroll to find all the songs with love in them. If you type in beatles & love...now only the beatlers songs with love in the title will show up. Less time scrolling and searching...you just get the 5-10 beatles songs with love in them...I think it's quicker...I was just playing with that...or...what if someone wanted a madonna song from the 80's.....now just type in madonna and 80....poof they are there....quick and simple.... Just my two cents though

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff, You say the the additional click to get to cats is unbearable, yet, to do a search on the old system ( previous to 1.90) you had to click the search box, then click in the edit box before typing. Now, IMO, this was done many times more than selecting a category in the media library, and slowed me 10 fold to enter text in the search box. The new search combines the media library window and the search box making it much more usable to filter/refine the search, making it also that much more usefull IMO.  I much prefer typing the OMQL  info into 1.90 over previous versions as when you had a bad query, you had an error dialog.... No more. You still get a notice, but just above the OMQL search in a status bar as "? Invalid OMQL". Much less irritating, and cleaner all around.

Usually, when I do an OMQL query, it's for more than a single genre/category anyhow.

I still think you should give it bit more exercise to get more acquainted with it personally.

It'll click for you eventually.

As for the look, hey, that will change too, hopefully soon to squash all the complaints for the visual impaired. Even I have trouble with the small text at times.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Joe A

Does anyone know if the radio version of Esperance looks the same as OtsAV DJ Pro Esperance?
Internet radio, presenting you with...
--Star 107 The Mix--

Listen to our Stream below with the following links

http://star107media.net:9138/listen.pls*128k http://sc.ipip.cz:8070/listen.pls*160k

Check out our URL for more info@ http://www.star107tmc.webs.com

Joe Audia, CEO of (Star 107 Media)
'Today's Best Music Mix'

dickus51

Should think so as I now discovered that ID time are Orange in Playlist which I find nice. On the Buy page they have uppdated the Webbcaster to 1,90 but not the Radio version
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

Stress_Magnet

For all those people who miss the ability to play a cd in esperance,,,,,,,, see if this works for you . it works for me on a humble single core 3ghz with 2 gb ram.
install Ots Turntables FREE and play the cd through TT concurrently whilst Esperance finishes off the cued track,
Ok you cant do anything like mix it in or anything but then IT WORKS who needs cdda in esperance now? I Don't.
Well Done OTS  the solutions to most problems are already there LOL
--------------------
Brian Morris
Listen to The Music Mobile Roadshow
1st Record Played as a Jock 10538 Overture
by Electric Light Orchestra

PB2E-1FHS   OtsBoomBox    x2
PA5X-W6B2  OtsAVDJ Pro    x3
PBG8-7GWH  Karaoke          x1

tjmalvesti

How do you switch between the decks and turntables? When I try to select turntables from the View>Turntables menu it says; "show (if possible)" but nothing happens to the display.

Maybe my license is not a full license? I have the OTSAV DJ Pro Classic +

Any thoughts?

PAAA-BFLQ x 3 OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+
PAAA-BK18 x 2 Scheduling & Logging (Now Obsolete)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OTS user since 2000

dickus51

How do you mean ...if the resolution on the monitor is right (widescreen)  you see them both...turntables are visual effect
Dick
OtsAV Broadcaster

cprman67

I had the exact same problem... you have to turn your resolution up which means the decks will get even smaller, but then it gives more room for the turntables to show up. Not a huge deal unless you use them for scratching.....I'll probably turn my resolution back down to make the decks a little bigger. I don't do a whole lot of scratching anyway.

tjmalvesti

Thanks dickus51 and cprman67.. I got it to work.

Wow, I can barely see the text with the resolution cranked up on my new Vaio widescreen laptop. I'll stick with the lower resolution as I don't really need to use the turntables.

I set up my gig rig last night in the garage and ran Esperance in a low light setting and (like most have mentioned) struggled with the display. At my gigs my eyes are constantly bouncing between the dance floor and my equipment and I hope it's not an impediment. The dynamics processor display is considerably brighter (and bouncy) compared to the rest of the display which will take some getting used to in low light situations.

Have a good weekend...     
PAAA-BFLQ x 3 OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+
PAAA-BK18 x 2 Scheduling & Logging (Now Obsolete)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OTS user since 2000

jeff wood

Quote from: Artist formerly known as 'Jumpin' Jeff' on August 03, 2012, 04:03:32 PM
Jeff, You say the the additional click to get to cats is unbearable, yet, to do a search on the old system ( previous to 1.90) you had to click the search box, then click in the edit box before typing. Now, IMO, this was done many times more than selecting a category in the media library, and slowed me 10 fold to enter text in the search box. The new search combines the media library window and the search box making it much more usable to filter/refine the search, making it also that much more usefull IMO.  I much prefer typing the OMQL  info into 1.90 over previous versions as when you had a bad query, you had an error dialog.... No more. You still get a notice, but just above the OMQL search in a status bar as "? Invalid OMQL". Much less irritating, and cleaner all around.

Usually, when I do an OMQL query, it's for more than a single genre/category anyhow.

I still think you should give it bit more exercise to get more acquainted with it personally.

It'll click for you eventually.

As for the look, hey, that will change too, hopefully soon to squash all the complaints for the visual impaired. Even I have trouble with the small text at times.

Hi Jeff.

not sure what you mean additional click to get to cats,,,

at the moment, with 1.85 I have 5 cats i can directly click on,,,and then one click to get the drop down list of cats...

with exp I have to click in two places to get to the cats....

and with 1.85 I can have the search box open,,search for stuff aswell as having the cat open that im working with .

with exp, i cant do that, its one or the other.

Jumpin' Jeff

I honestly never used the cat buttons.
What I am saying is sure it takes an additional click to get to the cats in that god aweful long list that will be growing to 255 soon enough, making it even more difficult, and slow to filter through. IMO, no big loss.

I open and closed the search panel most all the time because I have enough stuff on my desktop with lighting control and such, so it was always open, then click the edit box before I began typing, and then have to select all before trying a new search. 1.90 makes this a simple start typing, and to start again, press del and do so.

I've always dreamed about the combining of the search and ML panels because you can't search through your genres in the search panel , and you can't search as you type in the media library. Now you can do both. And better, because you couldn't do a search on artist and title in the same search as you can now.

The find capability is still there, and honestly, another feature I very rarely use. It's all you had previously in the ML however.

All in all I find this new search to be much more efficient.

I know I don't have direct access through AHK to the OMQL query box, but you could still set up an ahk GUI that you could select genres from, and copy the strings to the clipboard, then you could click on the query box & paste... Just an alternate thought. As you probably remember, I like work arounds for my inconveniences.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

JohnnyTheFox

Quote from: dickus51 on August 03, 2012, 05:07:45 PM
Should think so as I now discovered that ID time are Orange in Playlist which I find nice. On the Buy page they have uppdated the Webbcaster to 1,90 but not the Radio version

It might be that anything that's been played recently (maybe within last 24 hours) is shown as orange in playlist (which is most likely to include IDs). A useful feature. I need to have a play with that.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] - PDI:PBH1-543J - 2 licenses
OtsAV TV Broadcaster - PDI:PB2Y-JZR1
OtsAV Radio Broadcaster - PDI:PAPE-H3HR
OtsAV Radio Webcaster - PDI:PBPK-TP67
OtsTurntables Silver - PDI:PA3C-KLZY

'The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine' - Abraham Lincoln

dickus51

Haa that's it 24 hour it is . Wondered why not all ID.s showed :wowza: :blusha:
Dick
OtsAV Broadcaster

Darryl

I think it's anything played within the last 12 hours.  This is based on the option to show only items from the current gig in the drop-down OMQL list gives items played in the last 12 hours.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.