Esperance pre-release update

Started by Ots_Adam, July 26, 2012, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ots_Adam

With the release of the new OtsAV - "Esperance" - now imminent, this is your LAST CHANCE to save on OtsAV licenses. The pre-release Esperance Promotion we have been running will END with the official release.

Remember that all OtsAV 1.85 full licenses purchased at this time include FREE UPGRADE to Esperance and are at a SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT to the usual cost of licenses. If you want Esperance or need additional licenses for your outfit, NOW is the time to buy.

http://ots.gs/2Fg

We thank you for your continued support and stand poised and excited to unleash our latest creation in next to no time at all.

The Team @ Ots Labs
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.

DJ Postie

It would be nice Adam if we knew what was in Esperance so we know what we are upgrading too with an extra license.
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

ianforest

Quote from: DJ Postie on July 26, 2012, 09:15:36 PM
It would be nice Adam if we knew what was in Esperance so we know what we are upgrading too with an extra license.
I agree...I really do.  The secrecy is compelling for sure...but if the promotions are going to end on release then really OTS need to be feeding some information out to us otherwise it's a bit of a gamble.

However....

I don't think OTS will fail to deliver anything short of something amazing in the next few days.
Big Ian
PDI: PBV9-DN2Z

scott hanna

It's easy to assume that if they are going to meet the July commitment, they know exactly what is on the release.  Just saying what it is will generate a lot of pre-excitement.....is that even a word?
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

ianforest

Who cares LOL...sounds good to me.

Information = more license sales.

This is like Apple saying, "our next operating system will be brilliant" and then not telling us anything about it.  If the current operating system is also brilliant then people might not bother...but if they say what is brilliant and it is....then they will sell loads.
Big Ian

shdixon

With the release eminent a competing vendor does not have time develop programming to match the features of Esperance so divulging the new features does not hurt business.

If the new features of Esperance are truly innovative and desirable then knowing these ahead of the actual release should drive sales up immediately.

I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand this business model.
Stan Dixon, Central Ohio USA
http://www.standixonentertainment.com

djnpd

Drip feed marketing is old school, at least release a screen shot or some release info.

Using what seems to be chain letter style emails is more bad for business than good, just release it and stop mucking around.

You would find more people would by more licenses if they new the product improvements.

Jigger

I know you are all impatient but just wait a few more days,
Also remember if you need another licence you need one, if you don't it doesn't it will not matter whats in the next release, have faith they have never dissappointed in the past.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

CraZee Canuck

This all sort of reminds me of a lottery.  No one knows what the winning numbers will be, but people are still willing to buy tickets.
No one knows what the new features of Esperance are.  I wonder how many gamblers there are out there.

Cheers,

CraZee Canuck

PDI: PAAA-BFBY

Radioboy104

Quote from: CraZee Canuck on July 27, 2012, 05:54:49 AM
This all sort of reminds me of a lottery.  No one knows what the winning numbers will be, but people are still willing to buy tickets.
No one knows what the new features of Esperance are.  I wonder how many gamblers there are out there.

Cheers,

CraZee Canuck
Not me... I'd rather pay a bit extra than buy now and have something may not even live up to the hype. If they were serious about offering a discount, they would at least offer some snippets of info even a few days before the official release. Then we would objectively be able to decide to buy now at a discount or pay full price. It seems that they don't want anyone to really be tempted by the 15% off.

Ots_Adam

Hi guys,

Please remember that we're simply informing people here so that everyone has an equal and fair chance and no one can complain later. We're not specifically trying to sell extra licenses as such. Why would we bother when Esperance is just around the corner and will naturally sell itself (and we won't lose the discount amount then as we are now)?

The point is that people buy OtsAV - AS IS (1.85) - due to the featureset and stability it has NOW. We wouldn't expect most people to buy a license for something they know very little about (ie. Esperance). However, if you KNOW Ots and you NEED more licenses anyway, eg. your business has grown, then you may as well buy them now at a reduced price because this promotion is definitely going to end. Whenever a promotion ends we always get people writing in asking us to extend it (even when we have stated upfront that we can't).

When we started publishing on Facebook we received concerns from some customers saying they would never use social media and were worried about being left out or treated worse as a "plain old email user". Similar sentiments were expressed by some regarding this forum. So our purpose here is simply to make sure (via all the various mediums) that everyone who wants to be is well and truly informed that this promotion will soon be ending. That way, no one can complain later. Also remember that some of our customers are buying large batches (eg. 10, 50 or sometimes even far more) and of more expensive products like OtsAV TV Broadcaster. So a discount becomes quite lucrative and being on the ball can save them a lot. If it doesn't apply to you (you already have enough licenses to cover your immediate and projected short-term needs) then that's great!

If you're just interested in upgrading an EXISTING license, well that's an entirely different issue and something that can be dealt with after the release. Of course in reality, many of our customers have needs in both camps (some licenses to upgrade later, but are also growing now in terms of absolute systems required). Again, they will save by paying attention now. And whatever is in Esperance is kind of irrelevant (though of course very welcomed).

Now if you're not a current Ots customer and basically just an observer, then of course it would be a gamble to buy now if you don't like or can't use Ots as it already is (1.85). We're not specifically promising anything in this release other than what we have stated: "Easier to use. More powerful. More Fun. - It's everything you've tasted, only better". Yes, this is a very significant release as you'll all see very shortly, but that doesn't mean it's going to magically address everyone's wishlist - and certainly not the initial version of this new series. We recommend waiting if you're in this camp unless you already know enough to know you want to use Ots and/or like to gamble ;)

Anyone who thinks Ots is trying to compete with other DJ tools is seriously misguided. We never have and never will. It's not part of our roadmap or vision. It's been said a million times already, but if another tool suits your needs best, then use it! What are you doing here??? Ots has heaps of very happy, loyal and regular (many buying new licenses every single month) customers spanning a number of industries including real growth industries (which unfortunately the DJ market is not - it's actually being watered down by streaming services, personal devices, etc). Don't get me wrong, we want to be a better DJ tool - and Esperance definitely is. But we're not about to sell our souls or compromise our long-held values and standards. We do what we do and it works very well indeed. It may not be for absolutely everyone, but obviously we meet the needs of plenty or we wouldn't continue doing it.

Quote from: ianforest on July 27, 2012, 12:23:36 AM
Information = more license sales.

This is like Apple saying, "our next operating system will be brilliant" and then not telling us anything about it.  If the current operating system is also brilliant then people might not bother...but if they say what is brilliant and it is....then they will sell loads.

Hi Ian,

That's pretty much *exactly* what Apple attempt to do every time, LOL!

"If the current operating system is also brilliant then people might not bother"

Again the point is being missed. We don't specifically wish for anyone to "bother" unless they have a need for additional licenses, in which case they will want to bother and the imminent release of Esperance simply makes this a very ideal time to start "bothering" if they are a cost-sensitive operation (like many).

As far as what is new in Esperance, well everyone will just have to wait! But not much longer now :P

Cheers,
Adam
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.

Dale James

Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

Mike Sinclair

ianforest

Quote from: Ots_Adam on July 27, 2012, 03:18:19 PM
That's pretty much *exactly* what Apple attempt to do every time, LOL!
As far as what is new in Esperance, well everyone will just have to wait! But not much longer now :P
I tell you what Adam, you guys seriously have been reading the Apple guide to Marketing.  This sort of hype is akin to iPhone 5 lol.
Big Ian

Joe A

What is "not much longer now"?! Lol
Internet radio, presenting you with...
--Star 107 The Mix--

Listen to our Stream below with the following links

http://star107media.net:9138/listen.pls*128k http://sc.ipip.cz:8070/listen.pls*160k

Check out our URL for more info@ http://www.star107tmc.webs.com

Joe Audia, CEO of (Star 107 Media)
'Today's Best Music Mix'