The Temperature at your place?

Started by milky, February 09, 2018, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milky

So, how are you guys in the States coping with winter?

Below is a picture of an app I developed for my laptop which reads my weather station data and displays it on the screen of my laptop. The data is also sent to www.wunderground.com for integration into a complete world weather picture from amateur weather stations, which are often more accurate than the official stations which are many kilometres away - in my case 240 ks from me. Australia has many "microcosm" weather areas, where the rainfall, temperature etc can vary within relatively short distances. My son's house and mine are separated by about 30 ks and yet our identical weather stations are rarely identical. 

Oh yes, the other feature of this screen is the ability to control Ots (which is usually playing in the background through the same laptop), just by touching the icon on the screen.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Ed

We use Fahrenheit here in the States  :mellow: Seems a little warm where you are  :wowza:, we have had an average winter here in Kentucky, avg low 25f, high 40f

milky

Yes, it is summer here. That temperature is 104.5F which is typical at this time of year. It drops down to about 60F overnight, so sleeping is comfortable.

Jumpin' Jeff

6F here... -14.4C
It's been much colder.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

In winter, we occasionally get to 10C  (50F)  but never have snow. Even rain is a rare commodity.

Jammin' Adam

Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Jigger

37F here not that bad really for February
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Dex_Vinyl

well its cold here, snowed last night here in Staffordshire, UK

at a guess at 10am this morning, it was close to 0c

clover-leaf-productions

Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

stosostu

Just so you don't think it's always blazing hot down here in South Oz:

And as far as we are concerned, that's too cold for human beans.

The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends

Jigger

18 c here in north west England suppose to get warmer this week.
This is our summer isn't it winter down under.
Ron

Lane

i really need to post a picture of me wearing shorts at -30C, which I do every year.
It's all just programming :P

stosostu

QuoteThis is our summer isn't it winter down under.

Yes it is and I've had it, summer can't come quickly enough  :icon_lol:

Quotei really need to post a picture of me wearing shorts at -30C, which I do every year.

That sounds like time the men in their white coats put you in a jacket with the wrap around sleeves and took you away................. :wowza:
The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends

Jigger

Quote from: Lane on July 22, 2018, 01:41:35 PM
i really need to post a picture of me wearing shorts at -30C, which I do every year.
Now that would be a sight.
Ron