Karaoke Key

Started by dj1, January 03, 2008, 07:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1

How can I, if I want to re-record a Karaoke song, with a key change using otsav

Jumpin' Jeff

Adjust the pitch and tempo in opposite directions of equal amounts.

If you adjust the temp +4% adjust the pitch -4%

Can't say what % equates to a key however.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

Once you have the key right, play the track through OtsAV and use the "Save As Wave" option to record the new output. Then re-import that back, using Studio.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

dj1

perhaps someone knows. Are you there OTS Corp can you tell me what % = a key or what is is closely

robbie1876

6% is roughly one key, and is close enough for key changes of up to 4 semitones in each direction. eg to go from C to D, shift the pitch up by 12% and the tempo down by 12%. I've found that to be acceptable.

DJ M

However, I am almost certain you will lose the video section of the karaoke tune, but I could be wrong. But if you change the pitch you may find that even if the video portion is retained, it is out of sync with the words.

It may be simpler to adjust the pitch/tempo in OTS AV just for the songs you want to change and leave the original track untouched. If you want them all changed adjust the sliders & uncheck the 'reset decks on eject' option.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

Jumpin' Jeff

Personally, I would think it would remain in sync with the 'video' content as the audio and video content are tied to each other. Adjusting the tempo and pitch should affect the video the same as the audio. I haven't confirmed this, but I believe it to be the case.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Jigger

Yes it does stay in sync with the video as Jeff Stated
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

dj1

Ok, Is there software that I can change the key on the original file before i encode it to ots file

Jigger

I would think the best way is to play the song in Ots with the key change and save it to wav then reconvert it back to an Ots file, remember to change the name to include the key change.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

As an additional tip, before recording the track with a new key, turn off the DP and EQ, so as not to end up double processing the track.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

TKaraoke

Having only had limited association with OTSAV that a friend of mine is using, it seems our big complaint is the key changing, changing pitch and tempo seems to be way too much trouble when you are doing a show. Having done shows 10 years using competitors programs that are significantly simpler to use the real draw back is the key change to OTSAV, and when changing as many keys as we do, that is important. Why not in the program go up or down with key changes in a pre-programmed format so you have as other co's +/- 1/2 or 1/4 keys in a single button, seems to be much more user friendly. Evrything else in this program seems to be extremely functional, if you're doing karaoke more than DJ'ing, then the key change deal is big and important. Just a personal opinion.

Jumpin' Jeff

I'm sure it will happen in time. Just need to continue to have patience.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Darryl

Just my opinion - but I think songs sound really nasty out of the original key.  I only occasionally get people asking for a key change myself - but I'm cruel and like to hear them struggle to sing a song to high for them!  Mind you, I just tweak the pitch and tempo controls - they seem happy with that.

Have fun,
Darryl.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.