Moving Playlists

Started by JD The DJ, October 08, 2007, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD The DJ

I just installed OtsAV on my new laptop. My media library was on the F drive on the old machine. It is now on the E drive on the new one. I relinked the library and all is well with the catagory's. They show just fine. My question is: I have quite a few playlists on the old machine that I moved to the new one. They still point to the old location the F drive, so they won't work on the new machine with the E drive. Is there a way to correct that easily, or should I consider them a lost cause. I edited every line using note pad on one of them to make sure that it worked, but I won't try that on any of the others. It's to much work. There must be an easier way.

blaineb

of they are .ofl files...
use a better text editor and do a search for f: and replace with e:
I like ultraedit (it can also do a search and replace in all files in a folder without opening them)
http://www.ultraedit.com/
Loyal OTSDJ user since 2001-02-03 03:28:10+10

PAAA-BF3N OtsDJ Pro x 4
PAT1-JEHX Karaoke CD+G Module x 2 (Second OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PBP1-XWAT Video Module x 2 (First OFFICIAL Purchaser)
PAAA-BK21 Scheduling & Logging x 2
PAST-CKQH OtsBoomBox 1.0 x 2

Lane

if F is unused, you could map the e drive to f as well.  i tend to make put everything on an O drive, so I can move it whereever, and just map O to the new place.
It's all just programming :P

JD The DJ

I Used Blaineb suggestion to a degree. I used MS word to search on F:\ and had it change it to E:\. I had to open each file, but once I set the search and modify perimeters, it was pretty much a piece of cake.
See, you learn something new every day out here. Thanks. :thumbsup: