OtsAv Development

Started by shauno10, October 02, 2020, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shauno10

Hi,

This question may have been asked multiple times so apologies for an additional thread in advance.

Was wondering if anybody had been touch with OtsAV developers as to whether a future release is still in the works? seeing that 1.94.027 is officially the latest release of the software and that was released over 3 years ago and everything appears to have fallen silent since then.

This was more out of curisoity as to the future of the software not to the fact that i have any issues with the software as i use it for leisure purposes only.

I see Ots7 has been advertised everywhere on their social media platforms but no updates for years now it appears.

milky

"Nobody knows" is the standard reply. They play their cards close to their chest, so even we Adins don't get any information.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

tower

All OtsAV development has stopped.  The platform is in effect dead.   As hardware specs increase to the point that laptops handle 4K UHD video with ease we have now been stuck in a DVD only 720X540 or so pixel hell.

I have the original license with free upgrades until Version 2 of Ots DJ Pro but the Ots people want me to pay over €300 per machine to just display 1080 by 720 Pixels.   I would migrate over to any other DJ software if I could but my massive Video collection is locked into Ots DJ format and there is no way to export the Music Video, I just get the Audio sigh.   This is a disgrace.

Jumpin' Jeff

Tower, You do not know this as fact! You can only speculate!

shauno10, Personally, it's been 3-4 years since I last had any meaningful communication with Ots Labs directly. I had communicated with both Adam, and Steve prior to that on occasion, but as I have retired from live events, I have not had the need to communicate with them, and therefore communication has dried up.  Even with that said, they never share what's happening from their end.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

tower

Well here is a fact, I purchased 3 Ots original licences for over $1700 Canadian dollars each way back when with free updates to Ots version 2.   25 years later I have not got version two and I am required to pay for standard HD 1080x720 pixel version as that is OTS TV and not Ots DJ Pro.

Not one of my suggestion as a commercial user of OTS Studio have been implemented at all.   Try this for frustration.   Import 10 MP4 video files into Ots Studio.   Got that OK.  Good.  Now because the videos are legal and purchased from Promo Only or similar and there hardcoded titles clash with the Ots title system, try switching off Ots titles for the whole album!   ENJOY.

scott hanna

Ots is having a 50% off sale and mentioned that the discount will include the 'new update" so that would suggest they have something coming soon.
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

shauno10

Quote from: scott hanna on November 03, 2020, 11:41:44 PM
Ots is having a 50% off sale and mentioned that the discount will include the 'new update" so that would suggest they have something coming soon.

They have recycled the same statements from previous discount emails in years gone by so i'm not holding my breath on a new release anytime soon (if at all). We'll see what happens i guess.

"Dear Shaun, This year marks 20 years since Ots Labs released the very first version of OtsJuke DJ, now known as OtsAV, changing the art of PC-based playout systems forever. To help mark this occasion, for TODAY ONLY we are offering a whopping 45% OFF all OtsAV products - new licenses AND upgrades! All licenses and upgrades purchased today form part of the current 1.94.x series, meaning they will remain compatible with future 1.94.x releases (which the next release will be part of) without any further purchase"

"Dear Shaun, For the next FEW HOURS ONLY Ots Labs is offering a whopping 50% OFF all OtsAV products - on both new licenses AND upgrades! As long time customers know, this is an extremely rare event. All licenses and upgrades purchased today form part of the current 1.94.x series, meaning they will remain compatible with future 1.94.x releases (which the next release will be part of) without any further purchase."

DJ_Zath

If its worth to anyone, I have communicated with OtsCorp this June/July (2021) and have worked with them over some technical issues with the audio render engine...  so, maybe they are still interested in producing their products... (for Tower: its not just the VIDEO that is lacking in HD capabilities!)

So, hopefully, this means a nice edargpU may be in-store after all! (fingers crossed!) :)
-DjZ-

PDIs:   PAAA-BGP9   PAAA-BL3V  PANT-JZNN

WARP Radio Network

for Audio Feeds:   https://www.warp-radio.com
for Video feed:     https://www.warp-radio.tv/

Twitch:                https://twitch.tv/warp_hd
Dlive:                  https://dlive.tv/warp_radio

Live Chat:            https://irc.warp-radio.com

Have Alexa?  You can listen to WARP Radio with it! (100% FREE, NO skills, modules or downloads required!)  Simply say: "Alexa, play the station WARP Radio" and you're in!