Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Started by milky, November 14, 2019, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milky

Ah Sweet Nikki, it is so wonderful to hear from you. I am in a "currently healed" state, and using a little of my energy to keep it that way, plus diverting most of the rest to assisting in this pandemic thing. I am so humbled by the efforts of many of the people around me, so I am just do thw things I am authorised to do, like write prescriptions if needed.

We went through a period where we didn't have PPE (safety equipment) and that was scary because we had to make decisions on who could enter various critical areas.

I am focusing on the elderly. They are so vulnerable (as am I, I guess). The state I live in has an amazing record, and we recently passed out 14th day of no new infections. That was with some very visionary lockdown rule by our government. For that, I am grateful, but it still means 15 hour days dealing with those who have been afflicted.

I am fortunate. None have actually died on my watch, but some are gravely ill, with every breath a precious gift.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

clover-leaf-productions

Sorry to be late responding to this happy party for The Good Doctor.  My big file server crashed at the start of May, and it has taken me this long to get things back up, and running.

Dr. Milky I knew you would be out there amongst the masses helping in all of the ways that you can.  You are an inspiration of perseverance to us all!  Keep thinking the positive thoughts to keep the Cancer away.  The mind is a strong healer, as you well know.

On another note it is good to see our friend Nikki around again!  You look great raockin' the red hair!
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

milky

Great to hear from you, C-L-P.
At this stage, the Big C seems to have moved on to other poor unfortunates. I am attending a review every three months, with the next one due in September. If I make it through to December, I am one fifth of the way to being declared "cancer free", so that is the goal for now.

Whilst we don't boast the horrific numbers you are getting in the US, we still have some hot spots where Covid-19 is forcing businesses to close and many citizens in lock-down. Where I live, we are naturally isolated by distance with most living on large vineyard or fruit block properties, but we are not far from the Victorian border, where our worst cases are being reported.
I volunteer at a test station where we take samples from those who suspect that they may have been exposed to the bug, or who are showing symptoms, and, as an MD, I am on standby to work in ICU at the local hospital if a breakout occurs in this area. As an older person and a cancer survivor, I am considered more vulnerable, but I'll pitch in where I can if needed.

Stay safe and well.

DJ Nikki

Hi fellas..
Just popping in while I have internet access on the laptop. Its impossible to post via cell phone. I love you guys..and have missed you. I have started a factory job, after being in finance for 20 years (Covid affected things adversely) Its been a huge change, my body is hating me and I'm working 60+ hours a week at the moment, but I'm finding that my body is able to do things I never realized it could, so for that I'm grateful. Milky, I hope that this finds you still healing and doing well. And Clover, it's great to see you!
Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

milky

Hi Nikki. It's always lovely to hear from you.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your previous employment. There are many similar stories over there, I'm sure. We've had nothing like the number of cases that you have had, mainly because our government locked down the borders and mandated that people work from home unless an "essential industry". This meant that many businesses, especially in tourism, hospitality and those reliant on passers-by suddenly had no work. However, as tough as it was for many, the alternative would have decimated our population. We are now virtually covid free, but there are still some controls in place and overseas travel is not allowed.

I am well, thank you. The review scheduled for September didn't happen - now moved to Friday week, but I am quietly confident that everything is OK, and my first anniversary is just into December, so only a month after the review. Meanwhile, I am kept busy with taking swabs for covid-19 testing, and I've done some locum work for a doctor who caught the disease and had to quarantine, leaving his patient load in the lurch.

On the Ots scene, I have recently purchased a new USB to digital device which is absolutely mind-boggling. I'll publish a review on it elsewhere when I've exhausted the tweaks.

Jigger

I am sorry to hear about having to change your Job Nikki, terrible time around the world, keep safe. Although this forum is very quiet its good to hear from friends on the forum.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jigger

Milky you have always been there to help others you are a gem hope all goes well with your review.
Ron

clover-leaf-productions

Always good to see the old friends.  May we all continue to stay safe, and well!
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Tim Gainer

Greetings all,

Welp, to say 2020 was a shitshow is an understatement. But it's god to know Milky and Nikki are still here to show us better! Please stay safe, stay well and keep us all posted!
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

DJ Nikki

Here's to hoping everyone had a good Christmas/Holiday/Yule and am wishing you all a Very Happy New Year! May this new Year be MUCH better than the previous, for us all! I love you guys!
Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

milky

Yes, 2020 will go down as a great year to forget, especially for you guys in the US. Here in Australia, we've had the odd "cluster" outbreak, but nothing like the number of deaths per capita that you and Europe have experienced. Let's hope that the vaccination works well and it all goes away by the end of 2021.

Here's to a much better year to all the Ots community!

Jigger

Lets all hope for a better year best wishes to all our members.
Ron

Jumpin' Jeff

Good riddance to 2020, and Happy New 2021!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

shdixon

Prayers to you my friend. I'm 70. Stopped DJing. Playing in a band of old farts. Keep playing.
Stan Dixon, Central Ohio USA
http://www.standixonentertainment.com