1 Gold Radio

Started by Paul Douglas, November 07, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Quote from: Jammin' Adam on December 01, 2018, 02:53:17 AM
Whether it was a big hit or not, it's the message within the song is what counts. Read the lyrics sometime, even the album title "Crimes Of Passion" should give a solid clue about what you may hear, "Hell Is For Children" is a clear cut example of child abuse plain and simple. It may not be her biggest hit song, but brings to light something that does happen to some children in this world.

Adam, There are many many songs that are certainly good enough to be in the solid gold class, but the point of all this is "Hell is for Children" did not make it "classified" as Gold, Paul stated the tune is Solid Gold...

Ed

Quote from: Paul Douglas on November 30, 2018, 12:41:39 PM
Thanks Tim......eclectic is the way to go.

The Christmas songs will begin on Sunday Morning 06:00 UK Time for the first week just 1 song an hour.

Cheers

Paul
It's easy to make an eclectic playlist, but to do it right takes much experience and knowledge of music. What you get nowadays are dj's that dont know anything about what they play! The song is seldomed intro'ed, segued in a entertaining way anymore..the way I look at it, if you cant be informative and entertaining dj'ing then be quiet.

milky

Program Directors dictate what the presenters can and can't say. Some have a more relaxed policy, but air time is expensive and all must program in as much bang for their buck as possible. If that means less talk and more ads or music, then any presenter who goes against the dictates of the PD will have a very short career in radio.

Besides, we have all been bored stupid by the life story of an artist that the jock just HAD to tell, even though it has been heard a thousand times before and even though we all knew he had just googled the "facts".
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Ed

Quote from: milky on December 03, 2018, 07:57:44 PM
Program Directors dictate what the presenters can and can't say. Some have a more relaxed policy, but air time is expensive and all must program in as much bang for their buck as possible. If that means less talk and more ads or music, then any presenter who goes against the dictates of the PD will have a very short career in radio.

Besides, we have all been bored stupid by the life story of an artist that the jock just HAD to tell, even though it has been heard a thousand times before and even though we all knew he had just googled the "facts".

Some PD's have a show too especially in days of old school radio. Not all pd's sit behind a desk and play boss, I know because I have been there and seen first hand how a good radio station is operated long before clear channel and iheart.
Can't speak for the dundee dj's down under, but it's almost a lost art to find a quality dj that knows his stuff and can use his talent to inform and really entertain you. I personally knew a dj/pd/manager like this of a very highly sucessful fm station in a very large market! I was never "bored stupid" with anything he did.

Paul Douglas

It's been a few months since I posted on here and thought some of you may be interested to how the listener levels have progressed, for some unknown reason last months total listened to hours was in excess of 28,300, 12 months ago it was around 9,000, more than tripled the hours in a year......have they peaked or will they continue to grow?