WOW! It's quiet in here!

Started by milky, June 27, 2018, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigger

As Milky has said. Nice to hear from you Steve and good to know you are still developing the program.
Maybe when the new developments come it will get a little busier here again.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Ots_Steve

Quote from: milky on July 19, 2018, 10:03:18 AM
Hi Ots_Steve! Always great to hear from you.

I started this thread as a social comment that things have been quiet, and they *have* been. In the early days, I and several of the Admins could spend hours per day answering queries, but it has dropped off to the point where, although I check in every day, several days may go past without a new post.

What inevitably followed was a comparison on the "good old days", and then 'mine is better than yours".

As I stated several times, this was not intended to to be a criticism of the "tool" at all. I'm right out of the DJ scene now, but I still use and love OtsAV in my home studio almost daily. We trialled Ots in a Community Station and it worked well, but the volunteers had a lot of external accounting to do for "OzCon" reports to keep their licence. As you said, "Other tools are better suited."

Looking forward to what goodies Adam has up his sleeve.

Hi Milky,

Yes, totally understand you using some other tools for your radio needs due to traffic and reporting requirements. Hopefully this is an area we can expand in the future for the Radio product line.

Yes, no doubt been more quiet on here. I'm guessing it's partially because of the split with many using Facebook Groups instead (just like with many other products) and also perhaps because many of the type of users who would actually use a forum or FB group have moved on to more exciting fancy products (as they tend to be the more adventurous user type). It is important to remember that only a very small percentage use forums/groups. We have thousands who just go about their business using OtsAV and don't hear from them much except for a new license or machine transfer. It is a testament to the stability of the product that many don't even need to use the technical support service. But we are obviously aware of the active use of our product via many metrics and new purchases and I can assure you it is healthy and the products are doing fine.

Good to hear you are loving OtsAV in your home studio.  :)

Thanks too Jigger.

All the best,

Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

powerjam

It's been a long time since I've posted here but I just wanted to say I have no plans to switch from OtsAV, I am loving the latest update and the tiny file sizes with awesome clear video! I use OtsAV for all my DJ shows with the MC6000 (version 1) and I love the rock solid stability and the ABM mixing. I'm actually using a 2011 Alienware beast of a laptop with Core I7 and AMD video card and even though it's 7 years old it is still rock solid with the 720p videos in ED mode, no hiccups. I look forward to more updates and I'm always excited to hear from the Ots team that they are working on the latest, greatest version.

Thanks Ots_Steve for all you do!

Joe Hakim
\"Might as well face it, I\'m addicted to Ots.\"

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BEPK, OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BHF9
Ots CD Scratch 1200 Deluxe PDI PA1M-8L4V
OtsBoomBox 3 Licenses PDI PAAA-BLMG

Ed

Nice to hear from you Ots_Steve! My statement about Ots was more of a "Devils Advocate" in hopes you and Adam would respond and let us forum folks know whats going on, my strategy worked! I hope what you say will happen soon and we finally see a updated version of Ots that will turn things around for all the dedicated fans and customers that have been waiting so long. I still have hope.

Jigger

Quote from: Ed on July 20, 2018, 01:59:34 PM
Nice to hear from you Ots_Steve! My statement about Ots was more of a "Devils Advocate" in hopes you and Adam would respond and let us forum folks know whats going on, my strategy worked! I hope what you say will happen soon and we finally see a updated version of Ots that will turn things around for all the dedicated fans and customers that have been waiting so long. I still have hope.
You are devious ED
Ron

Ed

Quote from: Jigger on July 20, 2018, 06:10:24 PM
You are devious ED

It worked, but havent heard from Adam on the forums since 2013

Jumpin' Jeff

Quote from: Ots_Steve on July 19, 2018, 11:31:54 AM
Yes, no doubt been more quiet on here. I'm guessing it's partially because of the split with many using Facebook Groups instead (just like with many other products) and also perhaps because many of the type of users who would actually use a forum or FB group have moved on to more exciting fancy products (as they tend to be the more adventurous user type). It is important to remember that only a very small percentage use forums/groups. We have thousands who just go about their business using OtsAV and don't hear from them much except for a new license or machine transfer. It is a testament to the stability of the product that many don't even need to use the technical support service. But we are obviously aware of the active use of our product via many metrics and new purchases and I can assure you it is healthy and the products are doing fine.
Good to hear from you again Steve!
That's pretty much how I see it! Most of the traffic is on the FB page, even though it is much harder to find what you look for with a search of the page. I still prefer the forums for search ability!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Ed

Quote from: Jumpin' Jeff on July 21, 2018, 09:28:42 PM
Most of the traffic is on the FB page

There are only a few guys that post on FB very infrequently. I guess compared to how dead it is here it's something

Jammin' Adam

Good to hear from you Adam! Say hi To Steve.

<-------- This guy, does not do FB. That's the wife's job!
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

milky

Did I miss something, Jammin' Adam, or have you got your wires crossed? It was Ots_STEVE who commented.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Lane

You know it is. People get old. They forget names. Even their own. It's a good thing our profiles tell us who we are.
It's all just programming :P

Jumpin' Jeff

I do that to my kids all the time. I call Mike, Tyler, and Courtney, Megan.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Ed

Jigger

Quote from: Jumpin' Jeff on July 30, 2018, 11:24:49 AM
I do that to my kids all the time. I call Mike, Tyler, and Courtney, Megan.
That's a good story John  :rolleyes:
Ron