Cricket Radio Bay Area

Started by renovicini, February 27, 2018, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renovicini

Your favorite current hits and 50 years of oldies, we are Cricket Radio. Your variety station!

https://tunein.com/radio/Cricket-Radio-Bay-Area-s268862/

Now with BreakawayOne (using the reference setting)
and streaming at 128 aac

if you listen, let me know how it sounds on your end.

Reno Vicini
                      OtsDJ - PDI PAAA-BHE8
Scheduling & Logging - PDI PB1L-F4NW

milky

I listened to Foreigner and then John Mellancamp and the the sound was very clear and punchy through my laptop speakers, which are not big on bass. I'll have a listen later through my main system which will tell me how nice you've got the bass dialled in.

Milky (from Australia).
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Ed

The Sultans of Swing came in loud and clear

Jigger

Strange I get this station is not available at my Location. UK
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Ed

Quote from: Jigger on February 28, 2018, 04:19:39 PM
Strange I get this station is not available at my Location. UK

Guess it's his streaming setup and limited to just certain countries

renovicini

Thanks for the sound checks and feedback.
I'm using the Breakaway Trial and will do so for a few weeks.
Just want to make sure it doesn't crash before making the purchase.
As far as the stream not being available? I have no idea why.
I have listeners all over. So this must have something to do with TuneIn. I'll follow up with them.
Reno Vicini
                      OtsDJ - PDI PAAA-BHE8

renovicini

We went from Reference to Plutonium.
So if I may get some sound checks?
Also Jigger, can you see if the stream now works for you?
Thanks all!
Reno Vicini
                      OtsDJ - PDI PAAA-BHE8

Jammin' Adam

Sounding pretty good on my Klipsch KMC-1 bluetooth speaker, smooth bass, nice midrange and highs here in the states. I wonder what the difference is between Plutonium and Reference settings.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Jigger

No I still get the same message Not Available at my Location. As you know I am in the UK.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

milky

I'm not a fan of Plutonium in small speakers, a lot of car stereos or through a mono source like a clock radio. It's great through my studio monitors, but you have to bear in mind that your listening audience may not have access to a really great hifi setup. It's certainly loud, but, to me it loses the subtle dynamics. Not something I would like to wake up to through my little clock radio.

I rather like French Kiss, or Twente.

Ed

Quote from: milky on May 02, 2018, 08:12:44 AM
I rather like French Kiss

Really? This is a family site....my my

milky

I had another listen today. "The Verve Pipe - Never Let You Down" was playing.

This time, it was through my laptop speakers, and it was just loud, loud, loud. That's great in a terrestrial station, where you need to outshout your competitors, but, to me, every instrument was at exactly the same level, which is simply not the case with that recording.

Go back to the Reference Setting, play the same track through it, then Plutonium again, and do some serious comparisons - preferably through a range of speakers, big to small to mono to earbuds.

renovicini

I'm on vacation in Hawaii (what a beautiful place ).
Maybe I'll log in remotely from the iPad later this evening to change it back to reference.
I do aim to have a setting to please all platforms.
So Milky, you think French kiss or twente would do that?

Reno Vicini
                      OtsDJ - PDI PAAA-BHE8

Ed

I have tested and experimented with all the setting and find Reference to be best.

milky

Quote from: renovicini on May 04, 2018, 04:53:45 AM
I do aim to have a setting to please all platforms.
So Milky, you think French kiss or twente would do that?

I have found these two suit my mainly Country Music terrestrial station, especially through smaller and mono speakers. My station is in the country, where a lot of the listening audience are in farming equipment or trucks, so I have to be more sympathetic to them than the guys in their home theatre setups.

You just have to be patient, and try each preset over a range of genres, and possibly even tweak the best one to produce your own custom preset. The Reference Setting will always sound closest to the original, because it only adjusts the AGC (similar to Ots), so there it should only be used a starting point (reference). I assume that you have Ots DSP turned off through these tests? You don't want to process everything twice.