Ots is like my crack

Started by Mike Sinclair, December 11, 2017, 05:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

So, for those who have read my posts over the years, you know I have gone back & forth between Ots and other software. I have tried Traktor, Serato, Rekordbox, Pioneer all-in-one, Algoriddim DJay Pro, and probably a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. I have expressed disappointment in Ots for their speed (lack of speed) with updates and features. However, I just started messing around with OtsAV again and it's almost like discovering it for the first time. It is truly a remarkable piece of software. I was concerned about using a MIDI controller, but I just bought an ESI UDJ6, installed the drivers and Ots recognized it, no problem. So I'm waiting on a new mixer. I bought an Allen & Heath Xone 92. I will miss having the MIDI controls, but in all reality, how hard is it to press F2 vs PLAY? They both start the song, right? I can live with this kind of setup to get back into Ots. I really hope they implement some customization options in a future release. I know it's possible to change the resolution on the laptop to get a little bigger, but I'd prefer the ability to resize decks within Ots... maybe resize the fonts in the playlists, change the color of the fonts... correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't earlier versions of Ots have like three different color schemes? And, unless I missed something, Esperance only has one. Anyway, I know I'm probably preaching to the choir in a lot of this, but I am back as a full-fledged Ots user. The one thing I can honestly say is most other DJ software has crashed, froze or had some sort of issue. For me, Ots NEVER crashed once. For reliability/stability, Ots really is king. OK, I'll shut up ... for now ...  :p

Jumpin' Jeff

So basically you've discovered what some of have known all along! ;)
Ots is customizable for control, but not so much for looks. So you have a map for the UDJ6?
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Mike Sinclair

The UDJ6 isn't a midi controller. It's an external USB sound card. I won't have any MIDI capabilities, but that's ok for now.

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

socialdancer

Quote from: Mike Sinclair on December 11, 2017, 05:20:21 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't earlier versions of Ots have like three different color schemes? And, unless I missed something, Esperance only has one.

There are two, almost positive and negative. Select from Main menu - view - list/tabs - color scheme.

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: socialdancer on December 11, 2017, 07:12:05 PM
There are two, almost positive and negative. Select from Main menu - view - list/tabs - color scheme.

OK... that's a start  :p Thank you...