Sad news.

Started by Jumpin' Jeff, June 03, 2017, 10:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

With a heavy heart, it was brought to my attention today, that have lost one of our long time friends here at otsusers.com. Glen Millar recently passed on from cardiac arrest.. He leaves behind a young daughter. Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

Rest In Peace, Glenn. Your banter and advice will be sorely missed.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

This was posted by someone on his Facebook page...
"He died as a result of a cardiac arrest on Thursday morning at aground 6:30 am. His daughter was getting ready for school, and heard some weird noises coming from her dad. She went over to him and he wouldn't wake up. She ran across the street to the neighbors to get them to call 911.

EMTs arrived and he was gone. They tried to revive and couldn't get him back. They rushed him to the Grey Nuns emergency where he was pronounced.

Jessica's long time care giver/ babysitter currently has temporary emergency custody of Jessica. She also has the dogs right now.

It is a bit of a challenge right now. Glen's house had been locked down and no one is allowed to take anything. The locks have been changed by the owner of the house.

Nothing can be removed now. Jessica doesn't have much. The baby sitter grabbed whay she could. Some clothes... no toys. The situation is not great.

It would appear that there is no will and so because he died intestate the government will take his property and auction it off and pay off his debts. Any monies left over would go to his daughter. The situation is dire."
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

So sorry for putting this in the announcement section forgetting that only admin could respond. I have moved it into the general forums where you can all respond if desired.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

DJ Nikki

I'm heartbroken that Glen has passed away and that things were so dire for him and Jessica. I talked to him on Facebook once or twice a month, and he never said anything. I'm glad that Jessica has been taken in by her babysitter Ebony. I'm sure the thought of moving to the United States to be with her mother is very scary, not to mention, she doesn't know her mother very well. She's been gone a long time. Sending love up to Jessica during this very difficult time.
Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

clover-leaf-productions

So sad to see one of the long time good guys of the old Ots site gang is now gone.  He is spinning the great vinyl collection in the sky now!

Thanks for releasing the thread Jeff.  I was surprised when i could not post initially.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Jumpin' Jeff

No Problem Brian.
When I posted, I didn't take into consideration that it had limited reply capabilities.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

milky

Quote from: DJ Nikki on June 20, 2017, 08:39:02 PM
I'm heartbroken that Glen has passed away and that things were so dire for him and Jessica. I talked to him on Facebook once or twice a month, and he never said anything. I'm glad that Jessica has been taken in by her babysitter Ebony. I'm sure the thought of moving to the United States to be with her mother is very scary, not to mention, she doesn't know her mother very well. She's been gone a long time. Sending love up to Jessica during this very difficult time.

In my chosen profession, I deal with many people, predominantly males, who offer a brave facade to the world whilst internally haemorrhaging on suppressed desires, unfulfilled ambitions, depression and guilt. For many, it leads to suicide. Others suffer ill health and drastically shortened lifetimes. It seems now that Glenn was one of these people who really needed help, but was, perhaps, too proud to ask, or nobody noticed the signs.

Without wanting to take anything away from our profound sorrow at losing a long-time friend through this forum, perhaps we can use Glenn's situation as a wake-up call to all people who might be in a similar place. If you are in dire straights, seek help. If you know of someone who is struggling, offer them assistance. That outstretched hand may be all it needs to save a precious life.

It's OK to show emotion. It's OK to ask for help. And it's OK, to ask, "Are you OK?"
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

MusicmadUK

I have been a way from here for a while, sorry to hear this very sad news :(

Kev

Jigger

So sad to here the news thanks for letting us know Jeff.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Dr.J

Didn't know Glen really well, but contacted him a few times.
Thought these links might want to be shared (Marty from Capital DJ services put together the crowd funding)...
https://www.gofundme.com/glen-millar-funeral-daughters-fund#story
http://capitaldjservices.com/about-us/ (no longer available)

Thanks, Dr.J