Wishing DJ Nikki "All the Best"

Started by milky, October 18, 2016, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milky

There is a saying  - "the cemetery is full of indispensable people". Don't compromise your own health because you feel "indispensable".

The rate of growth of the original tumour has no bearing on any secondary metastasis. If there are ANY break-away cells from the original neoplasm, they can travel to other parts and metastasise into a completely new tumour. Radiation treatment minimises the risk of these cells travelling, and MUST be done as soon after the original surgery as possible..

You get your tush back to that hospital and start treatment, lady!
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

DJ Nikki

You're right James....I'll see what I can do, to get my office covered so I can get this started and hopefully get it over with.

I love you guys...
Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

DJ Nikki

The 5th of December is the soonest I could get appointments with the oncologist and radiologist....that is set in stone. I'll keep you all posted as I embark on this. All I can say is, I'm hoping for snow this winter... because by the end of treatment, I'm sure I'll be ready to make some kick ****** snow angels...face down of course! Lol!

milky

Excellent, Nikki. Push to get the mapping done as soon as possible. Make sure they don't just do a "general" mapping, which will irradiate a lot of healthy tissue. You see, if breast cancer cells metastasise to other parts of the body, they attach and start to multiply, but they are actually mutated breast cells, so you need to lock down those nasties.

DJ Nikki

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on things. I went to those 2 appointments on December 5th, and started my radiation treatments the following week. I've completed 8 treatments thus far. I'm alittle pink skinned but because of Christmas and New year's I get 2, 3 day breaks from treatment. After that, 5 days a week til January 31st. So, all is on track and everything is going well.

I hope this finds you all well, and that you have had a great holiday season.

Love to you all
Nikki Dees

Jumpin' Jeff

Glad to hear things are progressing well Dee!
Happy New Year!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

A little pink skin is a good thing, Dee. It indicates that they are at the correct threshold. Bright red is over-radiated, no effects is probably under-done OR a very skillful operator who gets it just right.

My next program will be starting in the new year.

You need to believe - we will all overcome.

Happy New Year to All, especially those suffering.

Tim Gainer

Great news, Nik! Sounds encouraging, indeed! Hapy HOlidays and ALL the best in '17!

:thumb:
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

DJ Nikki

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. I have now completed 21 out of 33 treatments. Everything is going well. Still running real pink...More pain on the inside than from the skin reaction, but it's manageable. I love you guys!! Happy new year!

Jumpin' Jeff

We're still thinking of you! Keep good spirits!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Tim Gainer

Hang in there, sweetie! All good vibes flying toward you..
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

Jigger

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

milky

Hang in there, Dee. Only twelve treatments to go. The pink will fade, and this time next year it will all be a blurred and faded memory.

clover-leaf-productions

If it starts getting too red tell them you are done on this side, and need to be flipped over. :icon_lol:

You are almost there champ.  Keep up the good fight!
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

DJ Nikki

I'm doing well with just pinkness and some peeling, but other than that and the internal pain I'm doing good. Only 3 more left. 2 boosters on Monday and my final booster on Tuesday and I'll finally be done, other than the body scan to check things out. We have a bell hanging on a wall in the waiting room, that patients ring when they've completed treatment...And Tuesday, I will be ringing that bell.

Thank you guys for loving me. I appreciate you all, more than you'll ever know!