There was an error opening OML file!

Started by MPH711, July 30, 2016, 12:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPH711

This is the message I get when opening OtsAV DJ about the OML file.  I have the latest version installed on Windows 10. I was using Ots yesterday with no issues and this morning I am getting this message. Of course it's not finding my music library.  I will say my computer has not been acting right lately but Ots has been fine.

For the heck of it I tried reinstalling the program but am getting the same error about the OML file error.

I can see the OML file and see it was last modified yesterday when I was using Ots. I don't know why I'm getting this error now when I start up Ots.

What should I do?

dickus51

How many bytes is the file, if 0 it is corrupted and I hope you have a backup to replace it.
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

MPH711

The file is 5.32MB so you would think it is good.

One other thing...When I close the Ots program I get the window prompt "Save Current Library State?"  I am selecting Don't Save. It says the Current OML File Name: Not Set -- you will be prompted"

Any ideas on how I should proceed? 

milky

There are many references on the forum to problems with the OML file. Just search for "corrupt" and you will come across many other postings, some of which may answer your questions without repeating it all again.

Basically, the OML is a database of your music tracks. As such, it stores critical "pointers" the the information, and where it lives on your storage. If the pointers get broken (typically by a power glitch, but could be other problems like a failing hard drive), then the file will be deemed to be corrupt, and Ots won't open it. It is imperative that everyone who uses Ots takes a copy of the OML file from time to time, because it is easier to pick up a few changes since the last backup than it is to re-build the whole file from scratch.

There are some sample backup programs on this forum as well.

OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

MPH711

Ok thanks. I'll assume it is corrupt. I have rescanned my music back in to OTS and will be keeping a backup of my OML file.