OtsAVDJ 1.85.76 not installing on Win10?

Started by cyberbeat, July 24, 2016, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberbeat

Hopefully some one can help me. I had OtsAVDJ + Classic 1.85.76 originally installed on Win 7 and it was running perfectly. Then I upgraded to Win10 and it still worked fine (for the most part).
However, recently I needed to create a new admin user account in the latest windows 10. First I uninstalled it from the user account it was originally installed in and then did a fresh install of the same Ots version on the new user account. Everything was going fine until I got an error right before it was about to copy files saying it could not install on this OS and to check the OtsLabs website to see if there was a newer version that would be compatibile with the version of Windows.Please tell me there's a way to install it back on Win10, or I am totally screwed.

Thanks for any help on this.

Jammin' Adam

The current version, 1.90.044 should work in Windows 10
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Jumpin' Jeff

You should be able to install it on windows 10 using compatibility mode.
Right click the Ots installer program, and click properties. Click the Compatibility tab, then check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then select Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and then click the OK button. The next time you run the installer, it will run in compatibility mode.

Personally, I would recommend the update to Esperance Latest version with native Windows 10 support. I know many of you sticking with the Older 1.85 versions don't care for the new interface, but I really think the feature set is much better.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

cyberbeat

Thanks for the responses, I will give it a try. Btw, I absolutely will not install above 1.85. Like you mentioned, I can't use it because of the horrible interface. I just can't stand it. I am visually impaired and the UI drives me nuts! Infact I purchased a copy of Ots Turn Tables Pro, and while I realize it doesn't have all the features that OtsAV does, it works well. Plus it feels more familiar to me like the older OtsDJ. Not to mention all the shortcuts make a lot more sense which I'm used to.

Quote from: Jumpin' Jeff on July 25, 2016, 12:48:53 PM
You should be able to install it on windows 10 using compatibility mode.
Right click the Ots installer program, and click properties. Click the Compatibility tab, then check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then select Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and then click the OK button. The next time you run the installer, it will run in compatibility mode.

Personally, I would recommend the update to Esperance Latest version with native Windows 10 support. I know many of you sticking with the Older 1.85 versions don't care for the new interface, but I really think the feature set is much better.

cyberbeat

Hey all who helped in this thread. I tried your suggestions of running the OtsAV 1.85 setup file in Windows 7 compatibility mode. All I can say is, I now have my OtsAVDJ  back up and running once again. I can't thank you guys enough. Thank you so much, you rule!

Jumpin' Jeff

No Problem Cyberbeat! Although you should have asked when you were first having trouble. You could have fixed it earlier! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear the new interface won't work for you! Personally, I like it, but it does have a couple annoyances. I can live with it, but I am also not in your situation, and can understand your plight.

Glad we were able to resolve it for you!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

SMJ

I'm testing now 1.85 on some windows 10 machines, seems to work fine so far. Does anybody has any problems yet?

I agree that newer versions have really horrible user interface. I use otsav for backroundmusic solutions. All my customers just hate esperance and nobody understand how it works, too confusing. Older is better, but it could be more dummy user friendly too.

Otslabs seems to be really lost with their product. They aim to dj's, but they can't compete anymore with better dj products available.
To my opinion they has also forgotten backgroundmusic service providers too. No mediaupdate tools, No videos to slideshow (not to mention any digital signage tools), No dummy modes to customer interface, No API etc.

I hope they will not ever drop 1.85 from webstore or hopefully they will do some kick *** win10 version!!!