Slideshow Help!

Started by Paulharvey, May 09, 2011, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulharvey

Hi Guys i need your help once more!

I am currently using OtsAv for music videos and i am running a slideshow with non video tracks with the venues logos! The problem i have is the venues i am working at has a daytime video playout system that uses animated screen graphics which look really good, The problem i have is that the company brand manager has told me i can't use my own slideshow and has to use theirs!

So......i have a manager that is great and he has burned onto DVD the venues moving graphics which i can convert to mpeg! But that's about all i can do!  how can i get the moving graphics to play out seamlessly while i play just audio tracks? I am using a Denon Hc4500!

If this is really technical I might have to not play music videos till Ots can play moving images while no video is playing as i don't want to risk losing my regular work!

Thanks in advance guys.

Paul.

Jumpin' Jeff

You can't with Ots without adding your customers video image to each and every track you intend to play...

Before video came out in Ots, I used media player to display video tracks... I would recommend doing the same in this instance. Because media player can loop video content, it would be a great alternative to using Ots. The downside is you can't use the Ots Ticker either, so you'll need to come up with an alternate method of that too if required. Otherwise, you'll have to just wait for Ots to complete that option.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Dr.J

I would get a video switcher and just change the input signal (to the video provided) for all the TVs when I'm not playing videos.

Jumpin' Jeff

Seen this post active today, and revisited it. Today, I would recommend getting the free edition of vMix video production software video switcher that outputs standard definition from 4 inputs. You cold make one input your motion graphics, one an Ots video input to pass thru, and use the other 2 for lower thirds, and ticker text overlays.

http://www.vmix.com/
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7