Previous topic - Next topic

markebenson

I do understand the "you get what you pay for idea"

I will pay more!

Please offer more upgrades.

Ots_Steve

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

Our Dev Team is working hard on the next release. As you are aware, we prefer not to make pre-announcements on content or time-frames these days as the inflexible pressure is not conducive to our team releasing a stable, quality and complete version. When it is ready it will more than likely just be put out and an email distributed.

To answer an earlier question in this thread, yes, we develop on Windows for Windows. A Linux version would be a major undertaking as would a Mac version as to achieve the quality and stability OtsAV possesses we have had to extensively research and code for the inner workings of the Windows OS (this is proprietary methods we've developed that are not in official Microsoft documentation).

Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

Jigger

Thank you for your post Steve, I know you don't make pre announcements, but it has been a long time, I am sure you understand people being disgruntled with waiting.
Anyway its good to hear from you.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

clover-leaf-productions

Steve is the Man!  It is sad we do not see him around here nearly as often as we used to see him.  Drop by anytime Mate!
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Taralocke

I think one thing many forget is that what we have works great. I use it for 99% of my gigs and use Serato for that other 1%. I love OTS and thankful I can still use it and it is stable. Do I want an update? Yes, I just saw the release of the new DJ-808 by Roland and Serato and if there would be a way I could DJ OTS with that! I'd gladly pay the probable insane price tag for that mixer. I'm very thankful that they have not given up on OTS and very thankful that what they have put out, works as well as it does, even without all the bells and whistles, it works and allows me to make money, for that I'm thankful and for what I do, OTS is the best program.

Jigger

It is a pity we don't hear from them very often, but what can we do. I agree with Cloverleaf Ots is very stable and does a good job and has served me well for many years.
Lets hope we hear something soon but I am not banking on it.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

avexglobe

I have wondered why updates seem very slow but I don't use it as a live DJ. I just run a "low power" (wink wink) FM station with it and it's rock solid. I can let it run for weeks on end without touching it and it just keeps on chugging along. If there never is another update I'm OK with that, but I do worry about the licensing. If for some reason the folks at OTS Labs decided to retire what would happen to us? Would we be stuck never being able to reinstall the program on a new computer because of it?

I know I'm not very active on the forum but I just wanted to stop in and say OTS has been a huge part of my life. I use it for my personal listening around the house, in the car, and live on-air. I don't know what I'd do without it.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic PDI:PAVY-HTG5

mixfm

Quote from: avexglobe on November 24, 2016, 05:39:30 PMbut I do worry about the licensing. If for some reason the folks at OTS Labs decided to retire what would happen to us? Would we be stuck never being able to reinstall the program on a new computer because of it?

I worry about that too!  That was my only concern when I bought into the Ots eco-system.  Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the product, and I love the company.  But it's a good question to ask:  What happens if/when OtsCorp is no longer?  Will our existing products no longer be licensable?

Darryl

To their credit, Ots Labs have provided fairly timely releases to support new versions of Windows.  It's only new (and promised once, long ago) features that are lacking.  As long as they have a revenue stream from their systems integration customer base, they will remain profitable. 

They have never really made good money out of mobile DJs - that's why Denon, Numark and so on bring out new products every year - the mobile DJ market is typically a young persons game and they want the latest shiniest fancy looking toys.  Also with hardware you have the advantage that it wears out eventually and has to be replaced - software doesn't.  I think this is why some of the software companies have teamed up with the hardware makers.

OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Audioot

Quote from: Darryl on December 02, 2016, 06:20:19 AM
Also with hardware you have the advantage that it wears out eventually and has to be replaced - software doesn't. 

Actually it does, as operating systems evolve... I doubt the original OTSDJ will run on Windows 10 ;) but yes, it generally has a longer lifespan.

PDI: PBHQ-8L9Q - OtsAV Dj Pro Classic+
AOR, Classic+Symphonic Rock & Occasional Electronic Music....
Twitter: @radioeileen

markebenson

Quote from: mixfm on November 25, 2016, 10:12:05 AM
I worry about that too!  That was my only concern when I bought into the Ots eco-system.  Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the product, and I love the company.  But it's a good question to ask:  What happens if/when OtsCorp is no longer?  Will our existing products no longer be licensable?

I know what you mean thats why I have a cloned hard drive in case of failure. As computers get older you will be able to find your same setup brand new for next to nothing. , In case of failure as long as you take your cloned drive and put in same model computer it should work without issue. Now for those people that need to have the latest os i consider that their problem because ots a/v will work flawlessly on win 7 now and 20 years from now.