Has OTSDJ run its course?

Started by harleyman1955, February 21, 2016, 04:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleyman1955

Hi,  I'm wondering if OTSDJ has run its course .  Havent seen any updates in awhile.  If it has, I'm still very satisfied with the product. I use
it daily.  I was hoping for a update that would allow me to import mp4 videos, and allow me to convert my ots videos back to the mp4 format.
Also a good way to clean out duplicates from the library. Does anyone know if we have seen the last upgrade for this Program?  If anyone has solutions for my wish items, I would love to try them out.   thank you

harleyman1955

correction   OTSAV not OTSDJ,,, I'm a old timer

Jumpin' Jeff

Well, I would guess it's not finished, but I would also say it might be a while before the next release also. Not much help, I know.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jigger

If only we knew what is happening with Ots it would be nice to get some upgrades, maybe Ots Steve could post what is happening.
I doubt very much we will get any news.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

clover-leaf-productions

Perhaps they have decided if they wait long enough we will all die, and they will never have to complete 2.0. :rolling2:
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

markebenson

I had the mp4 problem also.  I find  this conversion software the best solution. You can batch convert and it's easy to use.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?__c=1

Jumpin' Jeff

Personally, for conversion from MP4 to MPG, I highly recommend using the Movavi Video Converter. It's much faster, as it uses all your available cores/threads, and price wise, is $39.95. That's only $.95 more than a years support of AVS, and you get much faster performance. I purchased the entire video suite for $59.95.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Darryl

I'm a fan of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works.  Lots of functionality for $122.00 with some deals for existing customers to upgrade for less.  It's more expensive that Movavi and I'll be honest I found and bought TMPGEnc before I heard about Movavi.   They both have free trial versions though so someone with spare time could compare them for performance.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

nextgen1

I've been moving away from OTS for about 3 months now. Since I have also been an owner of Virtual DJ for over 10 years. I figured its time to give it a try again. I'm not going to lie the idea of learning a new software to DJ with causes me much concern. But OTS is just being left in the dust and offers me nothing I can't with VDJ or a plugin. The updates which are awesome just keep coming in. I'm not trying to put down OTS here but it's obvious that really don't care that much.

Jumpin' Jeff

Darryl, I have a license for TMPGEnc also, but haven't used it in years. Just not as effective I guess. I bought it in 2006 for $59.95. I got some use out of it, but for the price of Movavi, and the speed of conversion, and the formats it can convert to and from, it's been my most valued tool.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Mike Sinclair

OTS waiting for us all to die so they don't have to finish 2.0 ...

LOL... you might be on to something there! I love OTS but there's just not enough hardware support for me. I compared the Denon MC6000mk2 to the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and the Pioneer sounds SO much cleaner. But, as we know, Ots doesn't support many controllers. I would LOVE for there to be an announcement like "hey, we know it's been awhile, but it's because we have been working tirelessly to make OTS AV better, stronger, faster. It now works with a ****** load of controllers etc etc" haha... I know, I'm dreaming, right?

Dj Buik

i am a user from day one. that was back in 1999.
i still use otsav, i love the simple user interface and thats rock solid.

But i really do not understand why it takes so long to implement the updates.
why do they not create an API ?
We can develop our own additions to otsav.

I gues i'm only dreaming  :wacko:
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

markebenson

They should just make it open source so we can do our own updates  :rolleyes:

Jumpin' Jeff

This is how I see it.... The reason is very much like Apple. They don't want people breaking it. They want full control over what they put out.

The folks at Ots have made it their mission to provide a stable AV experience. As we found out with Milkdrop and Shoutcast plugins, they sometimes crash Ots, and that's something that they don't want. Opening it up further would surely cause more problems.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Dj Buik

They could release two versions. One with API with no support and no future releases, and one version with no API and with support and new releases (stable version).

Heck, i wouldt even pay an additional fee to have the API/Development version.

@OTS: How about that option?
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)