Breakaway alternative

Started by Dj Buik, January 05, 2016, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj Buik

As you maybe all know, i'm a big fan of the Breakaway audio processing tools.
There is one big disadvantage of the product, it is not updated for a long time.
(Sounds familiar?).
I found an alternative it's called Stereo Tool.
It's written by a Dutch guy (Hans van Zutphen) who is now also working
for the same company as the coder (Leif Claesson) of Breakaway.

His audio processing tool is last updated on december 2015 and is now on version 7.84.
This tool has a ton of options (much more than Breakaway).
One very nice feature is the Declipper. This feature de-clips very loud audio tracks.
This same feature is used in the Omnia 9, and is called: "Undo"
Look at this wiki page to learn about the "Loudness war"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

If you interested download his fully functional demo:
http://www.stereotool.com

When i have a little time i will make an step by step manual how to install this tool together with OtsAV.

And here is my second bonus link: a free (Donationware actually) Virtual Audio Cable tool.
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable
You need this to use Stereo Tool.

BTW: I'm not affiliated with these companies in any way, i'm just an audio freak like you all.
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Darryl

Thanks for the links Buik.  Breakaway does seem to have 'gone stale' recently.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

milky

Breakaway is back - bigger and more beautiful than ever. It has been re-badged as "BreakawayOne" and basically has all the functionality of the individual products bundled into the one piece of software. Similar to Ots, the type of licence you purchase determines which features are activated.

The new website, with demo version links is www.breakawayone.com.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Dj Buik

Awesome, at last a great upgrade.

Now wait for the Ots guys todo the same. :thumbsup:
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Jigger

QuoteNow wait for the Ots guys todo the same.
Could be  a while
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

JAylmer

I have purchased two versions of Breakaway (including Live) but cannot use either due to excessive latency.
Many "audio only" applications this does not matter but with video it does.
I could never get the low latency mode to function and I tried many times, eventually suspecting hardware non-compatibility or code bugs.

It's a pity because I like what Breakaway can do especially its multichannel compressor.

milky

Quote from: JAylmer on December 19, 2016, 05:54:41 PM
I have purchased two versions of Breakaway (including Live) but cannot use either due to excessive latency.
Many "audio only" applications this does not matter but with video it does.
I could never get the low latency mode to function and I tried many times, eventually suspecting hardware non-compatibility or code bugs.

It's a pity because I like what Breakaway can do especially its multichannel compressor.

BreakawayOne uses inbuilt ASIO so it will have the lowest latency possible, even if you soundcard doesn't have ASIO drivers. I assume that you are aware that you can set a global video delay in Ots? If you find that it is taking (say) 65ms to process the audio, simply set the video delay to 65ms.

If you own a Breakaway Live licence, the upgrade is free, so give the demo a try.

JAylmer

Thanks Milky,

Video delay is what I need, all I know about is the Audio delay/video sync.
Where is the video delay adjustment??

Both my sound cards have ASIO drivers but none of them function correctly with Breakaway.

With the latest version of Breakaway and Win10 things may have changed so I will give it another go.

You have me rev'd up again.

milky

The Audio Delay/Video Sync Calibration was what I meant. I have that on 65ms and the lip-sync is perfect.

I didn't find the built-in tool particularly helpful, but I did find that the Eagles Live Farewell 1 Tour (Live From Melbourne)/I Can't Tell You Why is a great track to use, because there are lot's of closeups of Timothy Schmidt's fingers on the bass and a good, strong downbeat.

dickus51

:unsure: Cannot get the Breakaway one to work, distorsion an pumping sound only. Same computer in which I runned Breakaway Broadcast. To much to tinker so I am bewildered. Ots Radio is on the computer too. Maybe a tutorial so I can do someting step by step. Output via computer sondcard. Pipeline installed. I have a Lynx sondcard in the computer too but no cales as yet
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

JAylmer

Quote from: milky on December 21, 2016, 12:35:13 AM
The Audio Delay/Video Sync Calibration was what I meant. I have that on 65ms and the lip-sync is perfect.
My problem is that the audio is delayed too much already but I will try it just in case I don't understand something?

Enjoy Adelaide on Christmas day 40C, tipped to be he hottest place on the planet.

milky

I am 250 ks inland from Adelaide, so hotter again. Love it.

milky

Quote from: dickus51 on December 21, 2016, 09:43:33 AM
:unsure: Cannot get the Breakaway one to work, distorsion an pumping sound only. Same computer in which I runned Breakaway Broadcast. To much to tinker so I am bewildered. Ots Radio is on the computer too. Maybe a tutorial so I can do someting step by step. Output via computer sondcard. Pipeline installed. I have a Lynx sondcard in the computer too but no cales as yet
I need to know more information. Are you broadcasting, or just playing Ots in your listening environment? the new program is a massive learning curve, but worth the effort.

dickus51

I listen as my listening environment at home but the computer was intended as broadcast computer a i5 intel CPU so the power is there. I can hook upp the Lynx cards cables but have no adapter for the speakers. If it is needed for ASIO. Like I wrote the Broadcaster verison worked fine.

No hurry though as Chistmas is here I left it aside for awhile. So Merry Christmas to you all or if an other faith Happy Hollidays.
Dick
OtsAV Broadcaster

dickus51

Got it working but only through remote not as an app Great sound. Now only to buy the Management package.
Dick
OtsAV Broadcaster