Help using amd radeon r370 video card

Started by rickdjkj, December 21, 2015, 01:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

Ok, how about checking some OtsAV settings...
under the OtsAV main menu>Video>Video Card Overlay Output>
What is the assigned head? I believe it should be "2nd"

What is the Head type (1st)? This should be PC Monitor (recommended)

What is Head Type (additional)? This should also be the recommended setting 4:3/16:9

And finally, what is the Preferred overlay mode? RGB recommended.

Also, in the video menu, is the video subsystem enabled? If yes, then the next step is to try and enable the overlay again in the Video card overlay overlay output menu.

Let us know if the overlay subsystem enables and the overlay itself does not.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

markebenson

This reminds me. many times i set up and i have to reassign output head to 2nd even though it was saved last time. any ideas?

Jumpin' Jeff

Sorry, No. My settings never change to my recollection.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Jigger

When you set up do you connect everything then switch on the computer?
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

milky

Quote from: markebenson on January 06, 2016, 06:32:30 AM
This reminds me. many times i set up and i have to reassign output head to 2nd even though it was saved last time. any ideas?

Assuming that you are plugging the same devices into the same head socket each time, it probably means that you actually have your primary and secondary reversed. One of the heads on the video card will be factory assigned as "Primary" and the other as "Secondary". Now, it is possible to reverse these in the software, but, in reality, the hardware configuration takes precedence, so it will revert if either head does not sense a device plugged in. Ascertain which is the Hardware primary, plug your main monitor into that, set your software to the defaults and you should never have to fiddle with it again.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

markebenson

Thank you Milky.

We are mobile djs so we have 4 or so devices that will rotate from gig to gig. Maybe that is the problem. Let me now your thoughts. . .  

milky

It is very confusing (some cards more than others), but, most have a red socket and a white socket (colours could be anything, but you get the point). Let's say the red socket is factory set as primary, white as secondary. So long as you and your team ALWAYS plug the local device into red and the remote (projector, big screen, whatever) into white AND the software is set or defaults to that, it should work. You can manipulate in the supplied software (and also Ots), but it is a lot easier if you leave the defaults alone, unless there is some weird device with weird resolution or other settings which needs this to change.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

This is exactly why I mark my cables and connectors. It cuts down on setup time dramatically.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

markebenson

I am having the problem with a laptop. it has 1 vga output and thats it.  It will work fine but when i move it to different spots (connect different tv or projector. I have to assign second head again. its not all that convienient.