Help using amd radeon r370 video card

Started by rickdjkj, December 21, 2015, 01:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickdjkj

New backup computer with radeon r370 dual video card,have it set up,can see it on 2nd monitor but when I play a video it says unsupported

rickdjkj

Darryl

Have you installed the radeon video drivers? Windows has a generic driver that appears to work for day to day stuff but won't work for Ots.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

Yeah! I've found that too Darryl!
Great suggestion.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

rickdjkj

Jigger

Did you check the raedon site for the latest drivers, sometimes your computer will tell you the driver is up to date but often a later driver is available.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

rickdjkj

yes I did,this is ther error Overlay failed: Hardware error or incompatibility

Jumpin' Jeff

I just did a google search for "radeon r370 vs nVidia gtx 660", and then another for just Radeon r370.
I came up with an R7 370, and an R9 370.

The R7 compares well with the GTX 660 card, while the R9 looks to compare with the GTX 900 series.

My question is, for a better understanding of the situation, what card exactly, are we talking about?
Also, what are the specs of the rest of the system it is installed within?
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

rickdjkj

Windows 10 Home (x64) (build 10586)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 11/16/2015 1:54:22 PM
Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
Boot Mode: UEFI (Secure Boot likely not supported by this UEFI) 

System Model

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Enclosure Type: Desktop 

Processor a

3.50 gigahertz AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
288 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (3 total)
Hyper-threaded (6 total) 

Main Circuit Board b

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-D3P
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. FC 06/01/2015 

AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series [Display adapter]
Generic Non-PnP Monitor
SEK LC-24G82 [Monitor] (23.4"vis, s/n 6150HYWKNNNNN, August 2011) 

Bus Adapters

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (3x)
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (4x)
VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) 

Multimedia

AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio 

↓ Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Dhcp Server: none responded
Physical Address: 7C:DD:90:8A:92:AF
↓ Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Dhcp Server: none responded
Physical Address: FC:AA:14:C7:8A:D8
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Networking Dns Servers: 192.168.1.254

Other Devices

1 - LC-24G82 (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant system controller
USB Input Device (3x)
HID Keyboard Device
HID-compliant mouse
Fax
HPCFF2EC (HP Photosmart Prem C310 series)
Microsoft Print to PDF
Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Root Print Queue
HPCFF2EC (HP Photosmart Prem C310 series)
Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
Microsoft IPv4 IPv6 Transition Adapter Bus
Microsoft Radio Device Enumeration Bus
Wi-Fi 2
Generic USB Hub
USB Composite Device
USB Root Hub (7x)
USB Root Hub (xHCI)
Generic volume shadow copy
HPCFF2EC (HP Photosmart Prem C310 series

Darryl

Next question then - what version of OtsAV are you using?  Windows 10 support for video was only added quite recently - version 1.90.044.  I've only just gotten around to installing it myself...
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

JAylmer

Important to note that everything works on the second display until the video starts and then the error occurs.

Windows gets the device metadata (EDID) from the display card and I assume OTS is not happy with the figures.
Two potential issues:
1/ OTS is not compatible with that device.
2/ OTS is compatible but there is an error with the metadata derived from the device and OTS really would work if it gave it a go.

Things to consider, not in any order:
a) Use a different interface other than HDMI just for a test.
b) Try a different monitor, projector, tv or whatever.
c) Use a HDMI splitter, don't connect the slave to the primary port  eg. If it's a 4 port HDMI splitter then don't use port 1. Windows then takes defaults.
d) Make mods to the HDMI cable plug on the display device, can't remember which pair at the moment (last resort).
e) Research EDID (extended display identification data) and EDDC (enhanced digital display).
f) Try manually selecting different display resolutions, problem is the choices come from the display metadata and are probably wrong.
g) Drivers have already been mentioned.
e) Try a short good quality HDMI cable.

Don't know your cause but the fundamental reason is that Windows/OTS is not happy with the device metadata that the display card is getting from the display device.

rickdjkj

have the latest ots,bought a new monitor with dvi,1st one is hdmi,both are working except in ots.not sure where to go from here.this is a back up system and really need it to work for karaoke

JAylmer

What happens when you connect a different monitor/projector to the HDMI output.  Can you get OTS working with any other display?

Jumpin' Jeff

So when you open Ots, select the menu, Help>About OtsAV, it says it is version 1.90.044?
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln