overlaying a video countdown

Started by Lolli, November 18, 2015, 12:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolli

Thinking ahead to New Years Eve, is it possible to overlay a countdown (either as an overlay or separate video in the corner) with OTS?

RSVP
Thanks guys

Jumpin' Jeff

Not exactly.
You would have to incorporate it into your video playlist, and then import it to Ots format.
You can pick up the basic version of vMix that allows for 4 inputs, capture the Ots video output as an input to vMix, and use vMix to overlay a countdown clock over the Ots output though. That basic 4 input version of vMix is free. You would need to use a video capture device to snag the Ots display output, and then calibrate Ots video output so that it isn't delayed through vMix. Of course this would best be done on a separate computer as well, so it wouldn't be very cheap. Then again however, you could also use camera inputs to put live feeds on the displays.
If you want to use more than 4 inputs, of which I highly recommend, then you should opt to pay for a higher version of vMix. For $150 you can get 1000 inputs, and output in SD. For $350, you get 1000 inputs and output in 1080p.

http://www.vmix.com/purchase/

Here is my video capture device...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PC5HUA6?keywords=startech%20video%20capture&qid=1447853835&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Lolli

OMG!  Wish I hadn't asked now! 
That sounds far too complicated for one night really.  I think I'll stick to do it verbally

Thanks Jeff as always 

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

markebenson

What i did is create a countdown video that is exactly 15
minutes long. I fire it to start at precisely 11:45 so it ends at the right time. I update the music every year in this video to go with the current theme.

Jumpin' Jeff

That was my first suggestion, but much better stated. :)
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln