Problem OTS 1.85 and showing video in windows 8.1

Started by nextgen1, November 06, 2015, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nextgen1

Is there a problem with OTS 1.85 and video in Windows 8.1 I cant seem to get my OTS to see my old TV. I'm wondering if I need to downgrade to to Windows 7 would fix all of my ills.

Jigger

To my knowledge there isn't a problem, have you got the latest driver for your video card, that's a good place to start.
If you open studio and edit a video does it play?.
Keep us informed I am sure we can help here on the forum.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

nextgen1

Hmm I checked online and it seems that Windows 8.1 and OTS 1.85 work great for audio but that they do not work with video. That seems to be what I have found so far. I hope that is the case since I dropped off my brand new laptop today to have he setup for Windows 7.

Jumpin' Jeff

Video is not functional in windows 8 due to the fact that Microsoft changed the video overlay in windows 8 and above. Esperance 1.90.014/015 fixes that, and adds new interface that some don't seem to care for, even though it adds more functionality, and includes a much better search functionality.

Quote1.90.014 released on 21 July 2013.

* Full support for video overlay output on Windows 8 (previously OtsAV 1.90 was compatible with Windows 8, except for full-screen video overlay output). OtsAV now runs great on Windows 8 in all respects and we highly recommend it!

http://www.otsav.com/download-relnotes/
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

nextgen1

Thanks Jeff, that seemed to fit with what I had learned. My choices were to upgrade all my OTS computers or Transfer one of the OTS licenses to this new one and after downgrading this new computer. Needless to say I will be picking up my new computer with Windows 7 in about hour. After that its just a matter of getting it taken care of. How long does it take to transfer a license and how much does it cost. I think its like 35 dollars? Are they quick to do it?

Jigger

It will not cost to put one of your licences onto a new computer.
You may get an error code just follow the instructions and explain you are transferring the licence to a new machine.
When I have done it Ots usually respond quickly.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

markebenson

I will give my controversial input as usual.

"Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 7".  I heart radio currently uses windows 7 for their 850 + radio stations. It is hard to argue with the decisions made by this Icon  with a multimillon $ engineering budget .

Of course of you have reviewed the features of upgrading your ots system and the new features will benefit you, Upgrading your Ots may be a better solution. If not, "upgrade to windows 7"

Jumpin' Jeff

For further clarification, the transfer fee is for transferring a license to someone else, not for transferring between your own systems.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7