What OS are you currently using? A Poll

Started by Ed, October 10, 2015, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just for fun, Tell us what Windows Operating System/Systems you are using with Ots. You may choose up to 3 and if your system is not listed please reply.

Win 10
Win 8.1
Win 8
Win 7
Vista
XP
Win 2000

Ed

I am currently using Win 8.1 home, hp laptop :)

Jumpin' Jeff

I've converted all my systems to windows 10, although only 2 of them are running Ots.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jigger

All three of my computers running Win 10. Ots is on all of them with no problems at all.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Ed

As of 10/12 the majority are Win 7 users, interesting  :stuart:

markebenson

I am a businessman. I Heart Radio uses windows 7 at this time. They see no benefit in changing. Therefore I must not change. We are in a similar business but their net is in the millions per year, mine is in the Ks. I cannot second guess their decisions . Their stations really don't go down, ever. I must do what they do!

clover-leaf-productions

We even have one Linux system running Ots through Play On Linux.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Nicolee

Currently running OSX 10.11 using Wine. Took a lot to get things all working, but work it as I no longer have to boot into BootCamp.
PDI's :

OtsAV Pro : PAAA-BF4B (OtsJuke since Nov 2000)
OtsAV Pro : PAB5-KQL8 (OtsAV Pro)

DJ M

PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

markebenson

As of this date I would venture to say in general that hobbyists will lean toward windows 10, professionals windows 7.

Now this is technollogically speaking. I know there are many  djs here that that the os is not their first priority so this evaluation will not apply to them.

DJ M

Quote from: markebenson on January 31, 2016, 11:48:57 AM
As of this date I would venture to say in general that hobbyists will lean toward windows 10, professionals windows 7.

Now this is technollogically speaking. I know there are many  djs here that that the os is not their first priority so this evaluation will not apply to them.

Based on what? I never ran windows 7. Your second statement nullifies your first. I'd venture to say that most professionals use a mac. Most DJ Software runs on a mac and they're renowned for stability.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

markebenson

This is based on I heart radio and many other comunications companies that are mostly using windows 7.  Windows 7 pro is most stable and business friendly. Windows 10 may become that but it is too new. There is no need to upgrade what is working efficiently. Many times there is bugs trying to do so.  Hobbyists do not so much care about effeciency but will load ots on their existing computer whatever it is. Ots does not support mac so there was no need to mention mac OS here in the discussion. .

tower

Hi Gang, not often on these forums,  Registration I notice is closed.  I have over 15 laptops all running Ots 1.90.044 the last major update from 2 years ago and have pretty well given up on there being any further development work done on Ots studio so we can import modern video formats.  However I am pleased to say that unlike Windows 8 and 8.1 where I was left having to downgrade brand new laptops BACK to Windows 7 for a while until Ots got the Video overlay working again, I have had no problems at all moving my flock over from Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 to Windows 10.

All Windows updates including the Windows Anniversary major one have not caused any problems with myself or my Clients.   Maintaining a very large Audio/Karaoke and HD Video collection however in OTS is very hard work, especially so as I only use the Ots file formats and do not leave audio as MP3.   Sadly well know bugs in Ots Studio prevent me from mass converting the Audio or Video files in Bulk as you can only load about 650 CDG+MP3 Karaoke files into Ots Studio before the import file reader goes blank.   The batch processor and other to be developed tools (Which could of been run overnight on large collections) of course never got finished and having to down convert all MP4 and MKV HD Music Video files to MPEG2 or VOB before import into Ots is a total pain in the neck now that the days of DVD Music Video discs are long gone.

I have often purchased Ots licenses for my clients and I am not really sure exactly how many Ots licenses I have, but more than 15 that is for sure.   As the software would appear to no longer be developing over time, I am not purchasing any more OTS licenses, unless of course they drop the price to match that lack of development and support.

Simple things which should be possible in Ots Studio, for example cleaning out the Genre box 50,000 files at a time are just not possible so with over 128 Genre taken from imported files I can not use that feature at all.  To be quite truthful, the only thing that is keeping my group using Ots is the fact that once you import Music Video into Ots file format there is no way to export it back again as the original quality MPEG2 file.

There is also the cost factor of the replacement software as well as the re training for the end users in my group.   My only hope is that Ots development is taken over by a new owners of this software so it will continue to be supported, but things are not looking good for now in late 2016.   Tom Waller International Music Services

Jumpin' Jeff

Tom, FYI, registration isn't closed, just a different method used to prevent spammers from getting in. Just have to follow the prompts.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

markebenson

10 for personal use, 7 for business use. that seems to be the trend.