I can't win!

Started by Jumpin' Jeff, August 06, 2015, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

Sorry to vent, but I just can't get, and stay ahead.

My wife fractured her 2nd metatarsal on her left foot running in May, She had surgery to have a plate put in because it had ~10 degree incline. The Doctor originally put her in a boot with the instructions only to wear it, not to stay off her foot, so when the x-ray came back another doctor said she had to stay off it for 8 weeks completely. AND Then he noticed the incline after my wife asked for a copy of the x-ray. Then surgery became a requirement. She had an appointment today, and she has to remain off it until her next appointment on Sept 10, with no clue when she can return to work, so her employer has no idea when to put her back on the schedule.

I am now at a point where here vacation time, and payed leave is running out, and I am looking to refinance our home pushing it out a couple months to make ends meet.

I've really been trying to work on the MIDI map generator, but it has been extremely difficult when I have to do extra things around the house to keep her off her feet. I simply can't find reasonable sized chunks of time to get anything accomplished.

On top of all that, My youngest son with crohns, has fallen off the growth curve, and has been losing weight instead of gaining for the past 6 months causing the doctors to do extra testing, and also requiring more of our time and money.

Let's just say, I'm getting very frustrated. I think I'm going to lose it!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

The old saying, "It never rains, but it pours" seems apt right now. I think most with a family can relate, as, if it's not one thing creating angst, it's another.

I know that the MIDI map generator program is one of your pet projects, but that has to take a back seat at a time like this, when your family needs are far greater.

I sincerely hope that this is just a minor blip on the horizon, and thinks smooth out very soon.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jigger

Jeff you are having a tough time unfortunately these things get thrown at us. Keep strong you are a good man and I am sure things will get better.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Thanks everyone that responded. There is no doubt I will make it through this in some way or another. Just not sure how battered I'll be when I get there. But then again, there is always that with life.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

DICEDJ

JJ, a large apology for not responding earlier, not been on line for a few days. Although officially I have retired for 5 years I am so busy plus I no longer get paid for the great majority of what I do.

Thats that out of the way, I'm so sorry to hear of your continued problems and as Milky has already said, your blood family comes first. This family can afford to wait.

I was once told that when you think you have reached the bottom hopefully things can only get better. Could be a cue for a song.  :D

I'm sure that everyone on here wishes you well and that both your wife and son improve, I understand that crohns cannot be cured but can be maintained, so hopefully we can wish that for your son.

Should anyone fancy chipping in to help JJ through this time count me in.

Thanks JJ

In our thoughts
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

Dr.J

Hi Jeff,

I can appreciate your tough times and hope you make it through in one piece. You have always been an inspiration to me, maintaining this site, writing code and most importantly looking after your family. My thoughts are with you and yours.

clover-leaf-productions

Right there with you buddy when it comes to family crisis mode.  Just took out a second mortgage on the house to make ends meet, and get through some tough times.  The famed line from the Sound Of Music plays well here, "The Lord does not close a door that somewhere he has not opened a window."  Keep your eyes sharp for that window.

All the best to you, and yours my friend.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Ed

I say a little prayer for you and your family my friend Jeff!

Jumpin' Jeff

Again, Thanks everyone. Just re finance a 2nd mortgage to help cover this period of time and allow me to try and re-roof the house, as I see I'm down to the felt paper on the kitchen roof. Shingles were only 12 years old, and they were 25 year certanteed shingles. I think I'll be doing steel roofing this time around.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

scott hanna

Thoughts and prayers your way
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Jumpin' Jeff

Damn government!
I was refinancing a second mortgage for my home to ease the pain, and the process was stopped in it's tracks due to FEMA remapping my property as being in the 500 year flood zone. I have lived at this property for 22 years, and until June 16 of 2015, have never been considered in the flood zone, so now, I get to pay flood insurance in addition to my normal property insurance for having a 0.2% chance of flooding in 500 years. If that happens, We better have an Ark ready to go.

Damn you FEMA. Give me a break. When insurance companies insure a property, possible flood should be part of the normal coverage, not a special premium, and not special for a 500 year flood. Just another way to squeeze money out of their clients. This is a case of being overly protective IMO.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

milky

I'd be looking for a different insurance company, personally.

We have similar problems over here. If a fire has gone through the area in the past 100 years, we get slugged a "fire risk" fee, even if everything combustible has been removed from your property.

Not hard to see how they can afford very large buildings.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

Its not the Insurance that is the problem. I can get Flood insurance from anyone, at a government mandated rate. The problem is that FEMA has altered the Flood map, and placed me in the outer region of it's 500 year elevation, which now mandates that I must pay flood insurance to someone.
Like I said elsewhere, I could take the money I will now put to flood insurance, build an Ark, and likely never get the opportunity to use it. I don't have a choice to refuse it, as the mortgage holders require I now have it to protect their investment.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

clover-leaf-productions

Don't feel bad Jeff.  I get to put in a $2500 well pump tomorrow.  Sure was not planning on that. :no:
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

markebenson

Jeff, so sorry to hear and prayers with you!