Newer PC Laptops

Started by Mike Sinclair, August 06, 2015, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

I've been a Mac guy for a long time and Ots runs great under bootcamp. However, I'm thinking of buying a windows laptop. I know a lot of ultrabooks seem to have one issue or another. The new Dell XPS 13 gets solid reviews except for a horrible trackpad. Has anyone bought a laptop somewhat recently that they enjoy with OTS?

UPDATE: Never mind. I think I found something pretty sweet. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad that's a little heavier (5 pounds). Most people consider that a "con". For DJing, I say it's a "pro". If it's windy and you're doing an outdoor gig... also, it has a matte screen (again, great for outdoors). I actually do quite a few Receptions under a tent outside. It also has a spill-proof keyboard... can't hurt, right? Looks promising...

milky

I had IBM ThinkPads for years. When Lenovo took over, the build quality suffered, but they are still a nice piece of kit. Having said that, my brand of choice now is one of the Asus gaming machines. Built like a brick dunny (if you don't know, google it), and perform their socks off.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

I like the ASUS laptops as well.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Mike Sinclair

Thanks for the input guys. I had great luck with Asus motherboards back in the day building my own PC's. Maybe I'll buy the Lenovo as a backup and look into a nice Asus for my main laptop...