Full Circle...

Started by Mike Sinclair, July 31, 2015, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Well, we all have our opinions...I don't DJ everyday. I also own an older $1,500 (US) Sony Vaio, but I prefer my new HP...I paid $300...but worth much more.

markebenson

Dell Precision Laptops are certainly not lightweight computers. They are design for everyday corporate use. I use a E4200 to dj 4 days a week. Never a failure. Even if there was there is a second one identical model with me.

Ed

Quote from: milky on October 13, 2015, 08:07:25 PM
The guts of a cheap laptop may very well be the same as a well-built model (although I doubt it), but the rest of the build quality, like the keyboard, mouse pad, lid hinges etc are just not the same and will fail long before its use-by date is up.

Milky you assume a lot here and perhaps I did not make myself clear, I purchased an HP laptop for $300....that does not make the machine cheap? You don't know the model or any technical specs about it yet you assume it's lightweight and cheap because of what I purchased it for! FYI, I have run my laptop almost everyday for over a year now whether at home or at a Gig...that said, it has certainly paid for itself if it happens to break down tomorrow, but I highly doubt it will Anything mechanical whether heavy or lightweight can break.

milky

My comments were a generic warning to anyone who buys a cheap PC and then complains that it can't cope with the demands placed upon it. If you bought a good quality laptop for a very low price, congratulations. I was merely substantiating Lane's comment that there is an inherent risk in looking in the bargain basement for your work tools.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

markebenson

Understood milky. Thank you for your input :)