Music Video Format

Started by Lolli, July 30, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolli

All our videos are converted to 640x480 and whilst most of them are full screen, quite a few come up as letterbox...  this is really frustrating and I am sure there is a simple reason...

Anyone know what this would be please?

Thank you

milky

I'm away from my Otsbox, but I believe there is something in the video chunk you can set to force the aspect ratio in Studio.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

In Studio, under the Video control information chunk (VCI) you can manage the video Aspect and zoom.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Lolli

Hi Jeff. You can't imagine how much I was hoping that was going to fix the issue, but sadly it didn't .

Is there a way I can send you the file for you to see... I've tried it all sorts of ways but it just plays in a 'letterbox' despite the video saying it's 640x480 and all the settings as that too   :unsure:

Thanks for your help - always appreciated

Richie

Jumpin' Jeff

Sure!
I'll set up a Google drive share for you to upload it to, and send you a link via email.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Lolli

Brilliant, just got the link, thank you.  Will send it shortly.
Will be really interested in how you do it, as I have a few that are like that

Bless you
Richie

Jumpin' Jeff

Is the content "stretched" to letterbox? I'm guessing it is, and that you will need to use the MAR/OAR buttons to fix it. In MAR mode (Media aspect ratio) the media will stretch to fit the aspect ratio, but with OAR (Original aspect ratio) the content zooms/crops the media.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

Believe it or not, You can actually make adjustments to both MAR and OAR settings to make things fit.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Lolli

Thanks Jeff.  I emailed you back as there was a problem with accessing the folder you shared with me.  Did you get the email?

Jumpin' Jeff

Ok, I have received the file, and it is already in 4:3 format, but with black bars. So, what is it you want done?
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Lolli

I want it to fill the screen without the bars please  :thumbsup:

Jumpin' Jeff

Like this?
it removes the black bars, but also crops the sides.
The White dotted line is the outer viewing limit, while the inner black dotted line is the TV viewing area boundary. The space between gets lost in TV displays, while typical video monitors show edge to edge, everything in the white zone.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Lolli

I did try that, but it still played with the top and bottom bars.  Do you have OTSAV TV you can try it on?

Jumpin' Jeff

Keep in mind you can click and drag the video area with the mouse and reposition it to tweak videos that might have more black on the top, bottom, left, or right, than the other.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

I'm getting supper now, give me an hour, and I'll be back to try it.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln