Is this possible on Ots?

Started by Ed, April 02, 2015, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Found this DJ and clips of this Radio show, the DJ (Ron Sedaille) is doing an all request Saturday night on Hartsford Big D (Ron no longer works for the station). I notice Ron is using a "Audio Arts" board, touch screen computers and has just about everything he needs, including a nice Electro voice RE-20 mic! My question, would a show like this be possible to do using "just OtsAV?"

Here are the clips : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVtzdWnXBI

clover-leaf-productions

It would be difficult.  We have been asking for jingle decks for years, and have not seen them from Ots.  Without a third, or even forth deck you could not pull this type of show off with Ots.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Ed

Thanks, what about using a 3rd party jingle software along side of Ots? "By the way, does anyone using Ots have a side line jingle player?" I would be interested in how it's configured and used with Ots.

clover-leaf-productions

I would not do it on the same computer as Ots, I would do it on a separate computer.  That way you would have a separate set of sound card out puts to run into the main mixer.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Ed

actually, I tried to duplicate his show using just Ots, it's hard when it comes to "multiple jingles" as Ots can only play them one at a time, but if you are fast with dragging and dropping into the Ots Decks you can get very close results, just harder to do!

Ed

Yes, I totally agree on a separate computer, have a software just for jingles and commercials on it, agree? Run it through the Ots pipeline if possible, but all those jingles, it's just a system you have to learn how to do, it was done just like this in the old days, these are old PAM jingles, he has made for himself, and a lot of them are sweepers and beds, that can be used with OTS as is, I think it all comes down to presentation of how the show is run and the talent to do it!

On a side note, I don't think you need that amount of jingles to make a good show, he almost uses too many jingles if you ask me

clover-leaf-productions

I agree it is way to busy.  That was the old style West Coast radio sound.  If Ots had the extra decks, that style show would be a snap today.

One of the things we ran into with Ots was it could not play a jungle that was shorter than 15 seconds, or was that 5 seconds; I do not remember.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Ed

I think it was the shorter, less than 5 secs, But again, this can be cured with a sideline jingle player, like Jazzler?

Jigger

Ots sorted out the problem of short jingles I have just checked my system and was able to play short jingles Liners 1 sec and 3 sec.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro