Would you please attach a midi out per song for lighting??

Started by markebenson, March 27, 2015, 08:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markebenson

Coming soon was posted years ago for lighting.  I understand it is tricky to find the right interface but if you would just attach a midi code to each song it would trigger light jockey and would gladly pay the price if my license again for the feature.

thx

Jigger

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Although I would like to see advancement of Lighting control myself, please be aware of a few things...

1. this is a group of volunteers that offer support for the Ots product line, and are by no means directly associated with Otslabs. This is a privately run, volunteer, support group.

2. Official Ots staff do, on occasion, browse these forums, and may, or may not see, and offer comment on topics like this. Official requests of this nature are better presented directly to Otslabs for consideration.

3. Coming soon, has been going on 15+ years now! Some of the features that have been removed from that list still aren't complete either. If you think your request will be in the next release, I think you'll be very disappointed.

This has been discussed in these forums recently, and I myself suggested the best way to do this would to use the beat grid associated with a track to send out midi triggers to listening software such as Light Jockey or Freestyler. Not far off from what you are asking. Being as the DMX controlled lighting is going to be different from user to user, and maybe even from event to event from the same end user, anything more than a beat grid trigger is likely overkill. I would love to see a special midi code sent for beat one, and then another for beats 2,3,& 4. At least this way your lighting software can re-sync every beat one. I can also listen to beats if configured to do so, between beats.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

markebenson

Light jockey already has that but it only adjusts the speed not change the scene. For instance of the sony "lady in red" plays the lights would be turn red via traggering a  a program  red. Simply changing the speed of the lights that were already running would not do the job.

Ed

On a side note, OtsAV is used in many different ways and venues, the people that use Ots in radio and internet streaming would like to see a third deck added, but places where it's used such as restaurants, malls and offices have no need for a midi lighting feature since it's primarily used by mobile dj's. I agree, don't hold your breath.

Jumpin' Jeff

My point Mark, is that you'll be beyond blue waiting for Lighting control if you hold your breath. Don't do it man.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

markebenson

I get it. Well i do appreceate all the help Jeff! I will be hooking up the Numark turntables i mentioned in another conversation soon. I will let you know how it goes. I really like them. Vinyl feel with amazing torque.