Prepping for DARE Graduation 2015.

Started by Jumpin' Jeff, March 06, 2015, 02:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

I've been prepping for my DARE graduation event next month, and needed to create some glitter for my slideshow video.

I created this in Blender as an image sequence, and then imported that sequence into Sony Vegas Pro 13, and rendered as a 32bpp Quicktime 7 Mov file to keep an alph channel, allowing me to overlay it on top of my clips.

I think it turned out pretty decent for my lack of blender skills.

Check it out...
http://youtu.be/G5Vcdn26rHY
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jigger

Looks good Jeff, I think it would be more effective if the tumble down was a bit slower.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

DICEDJ

Looks good

Need to see it on a big screen to see how the transitions work. On a computer monitor seem as Jigger said a little quick.

Power to you, takes so much time to do all this.

Andy
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

Jumpin' Jeff

Originally, I thought this as well. Toward the end it is a bit slower, I suspect because the "emitter" was no longer pushing particles out, that would collide, and accelerate the particles ahead of them. I'll see if removing some mass helps the situation. It looks to me like they are emitted using a leaf blower!

Andy, I spent about 7 hours in research, trial and error, learning to do this in blender, and then another hour from scratch to get to this example.

Thanks for your input! I do really appreciate it.
Anyone else?
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

Perhaps if I make the particles larger, and thinner, they will respond closer to what the do at the end of Maroon 5's Sugar video.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Ed

I Stick to audio only, so GLAD I am not into slides and videos!

Jammin' Adam

I'd say once you get it ironed out it will be pretty cool. Really liked that Maroon 5 video too.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

clover-leaf-productions

Difficult work, Jeff.  I agree with others, at the moment I feel like I am in the blender, with that high speed; but you will get it sorted, and then it will be great.

For video editing I found a new open source progy that I like called Light Works.  You have to spend the time watching their training videos to wrap your head around how it works, but once you get their methodology, it works well, and very fast.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Jumpin' Jeff

I've done a few tweaks....
Added some new particle objects and colors,
Slowed the speed down a bit.

Now what do you think?

It's on my public Google Drive share, so you can download and use it if you desire.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Uui4KWrS9yUzdWd1JtNW9NOUU/view
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Jigger

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jammin' Adam

Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

clover-leaf-productions

Vastly improved!  I think just a bit slower might be good, but that is me.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

DICEDJ

JJ, my only concern is that I have played around with tracks at home and they sound fine, when you get to a gig and play it over your pa system it sounds cr@p. Think you should test it on a large screen to get exactly what it will look like at the gig, after all your efforts would hate it to be less than 100%.

Andy
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

Jumpin' Jeff

Unfortunately, i won't be able to test this on big screens until night before. Fortunately however, I have plugged into these for the last couple years without issue, so honestly, I don't believe there will be an issue with this. Since this last update, I discovered I rendered at a very low sample rate of like 10 in blender. I have since bumped this to 100. This increased the render time to several minutes, and smoothed out/sharpened the rendered output.

Thankfully, I have never had an issue where my video output was somehow affected by the device I was plugged into. Everything just acts like it was designed to be.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln