New Controller

Started by Mike Sinclair, March 12, 2015, 06:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

Hey guys, well Ots was awesome to release an OHM file for the MC6000MK2 which is 44.1 ... another controller is being released that is kind of an "all in one" unit that has a built-in screen and runs USB sticks. It's the Pioneer XDJ-RX ... it will also work as a midi controller and the specs show sample rate of 44.1 so I'm wondering if (hoping that) Ots will provide an OHM file for this unit as I plan to buy one (got it on pre-order in fact).

Jumpin' Jeff

To date, Ots hasn't indicated any support what so ever for a Pioneer control surface. Unless Pioneer offers one to them like Denon and Hercules do, I don't think you'll see it happen from them. Not to say however that someone outside the company wouldn't create one however. I'm just saying... don't get your hopes up.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

dickus51

Yes, OTS told me that no controllers is done if they do not get the actual gadget sent to them.  :unsure:
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

Mike Sinclair

Maybe the new Denon MC4000 then? That also has 44.1 sample rate. That looks like a nice little controller :)

Jumpin' Jeff

Hard to say with Denon. If they sent them one, then it's likely. If not, the Denon controllers shouldn't be all that different, so it's possible that a re-write of the current line of Denon controlelrs could be all that's necessary for the end user to do.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

ianforest

This business of not doing a controller unless one is sent to them is ridiculous.

How is OTS ever going to get more popular without more controller support, the two kind of go hand in hand.  You look at OTS controller support, all basic, cheap controllers - none of the premium stuff is supported at all, just because OTS won't buy it.

I'm sure they must know people who have this kit who can lend it to them or something, there really is no excuse.

Having played on the XDJ-RX it's an awesome AWESOME piece of kit, the screen is lovely, decent built-in effects and a nice pro feel to it.
Big Ian
PDI: PBV9-DN2Z

Jumpin' Jeff

Ian, I believe the creation of OHMs were to be by the end user... Use, but unfortunately, they never actually produced any real documentation on how to create them. Some controls are simply to complicated to figure out, even by some of the experts here.

I think if they actually ever completed in house documentation on this topic, instead of little tidbits, and a few existing maps to parse haphazardly, I think they'd make a real go of it.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: ianforest on March 20, 2015, 04:54:49 PM
This business of not doing a controller unless one is sent to them is ridiculous.

How is OTS ever going to get more popular without more controller support, the two kind of go hand in hand.  You look at OTS controller support, all basic, cheap controllers - none of the premium stuff is supported at all, just because OTS won't buy it.

I'm sure they must know people who have this kit who can lend it to them or something, there really is no excuse.

Having played on the XDJ-RX it's an awesome AWESOME piece of kit, the screen is lovely, decent built-in effects and a nice pro feel to it.

Ian, I agree with you completely. We've chatted before. I emailed you a couple of years back about Luminair, which is AMAZING. Anyway, topic at hand, OTS really should consider other controllers. The DJ world is flooded with great gear that would probably work with OTS. And to shun Pioneer because they don't send them something is pretty sad considering the popularity of Pioneer products. I should be getting my XDJ-RX any day now (not readily available in the States quite yet) and I can't wait to play with it! Cheers!

ianforest

Hey Mike

How's your XDJ-RX?  I had the DDJ-SZ but have now side-graded to the DDJ-RZ so I can use rekordbox dj :)
Big Ian
PDI: PBV9-DN2Z

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: ianforest on December 18, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Hey Mike

How's your XDJ-RX?  I had the DDJ-SZ but have now side-graded to the DDJ-RZ so I can use rekordbox dj :)

Ian, I ended up selling the XDJ-RX (had a few issues) and bought the DDJ-RX. I am really enjoying Rekordbox DJ. It is now my software of choice. Ots is so far behind now (in my opinion). If they supported newer controllers, I'd give another look, but for now, I'm LOVING Rekordbox DJ. It'll be interesting to see how RB DJ holds up against Serato & Traktor.

Mike Sinclair

Ian, update: I like Rekordbox, but overall I prefer Serato... back to the DDJ-SX2 for me.