Windows 10 & Raspberry 2 support....

Started by Nicolee, March 05, 2015, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolee

Just receive the email regarding and update will be available before the release of Windows 10 providing Microsoft don't move the goalposts on development.

But was very keen and surprised to hear at the possibility of a version for the Raspberry 2.... This had me very excited as the size of my rig could be massively reduced...

Any thoughts anyone?
PDI's :

OtsAV Pro : PAAA-BF4B (OtsJuke since Nov 2000)
OtsAV Pro : PAB5-KQL8 (OtsAV Pro)

Jumpin' Jeff

Like!

I received my Pi2 a couple weeks back. Haven't had much time to play with it being as I've started prepping for my DARE graduation event next month.
I am excited to hear this. I can't wait to see what they can accomplish with Pi, but I doubt I can replace my video rig with it.

My guess is because it will be an internet of things version of Windows 10, it will likely be an Ots App to be installed to something like the current windows phone 8, with no Desktop.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jumpin' Jeff

After re-reading the email, The Raspberry pi support will likely be very limited. Probably connected to Ots via the RAC or something, but not directly running Ots as I read it.

I'd like to see Ots output a Beat clock that could be received by the RPi, and use the RPi, as a lighting controller. This would allow me a dedicated light controller that is accurate to the beat. A great use of Raspberry Pi IMO.

On the note of Ots releasing something before windows 10 release, it sounds like windows 10 will be here by the end of July according to Paul Thurrott on windows weekly podcast on TWIT network, Windows 10 should be RTM by end of July.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7