Ots Users Forum

Started by Ed, March 03, 2015, 10:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Also, there's a wealth of searchable info on here!

Facebook could go bust in 3 months time, then all the data is gone!
Kev

2 x PAZ7-DRKW, 1 x PBZ8-D3Q9 & 1 x PAGD-CMWW

Ed

Quote from: Kev on April 08, 2015, 10:42:46 AM
Also, there's a wealth of searchable info on here!

Facebook could go bust in 3 months time, then all the data is gone!

Forums are not immune to bust Kev, so could You Tube, Twitter, or anything on the net! I think the 2 guys we need to thank if you like this forum and want it around is of course Jeff and Lane.
Jeff brought it to life, Lane maintains it here!

Jumpin' Jeff

Thanks Ed!
And a Major Thanks to Lane for hosting this!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Glen J. Millar

This forum is not just a place to chat about Ots, but for many of us it is our home online. That comfortable place we visit in our pyjamas and sip a coffee or something "stronger"

There is a place for the forum as well as Facebook.

I cannot count the number of times people get referred to the forum from Facebook by myself and other members.

Jumpin' Jeff

Yes! I refer them too, simply because it's so difficult to find anything in facebook.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Tim Gainer

Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

Jigger

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

clover-leaf-productions

I really like this place a lot.  The people here are just like friends.  I do not feel that way about other Boards that I frequent.  Some of those people are down right frightening!
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Darryl

Boo!

Sorry if that frightened anyone :)
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

markebenson

I am 100 percent with jeff. Facebook is  useful tool but the business sites have little traffic unless you pay dearly $$$  and the personal ones have good traffic if you benefit facebook otherwise they will redirect your posts as they please. Why dont we determine why the traffic here has declined and start a campagne to revive it?

JAylmer

I notice that 2nd hand OTS licences are not fast movers even though they work the same as brand new licences.  New sales are therefore probably not happening at all.
Any business puts in less than what they get out.  This means OTS are probably not doing much at all to improve our lot.

Thus forum is a great expert knowledge base for any imaginable problem you can have with OTS systems so further questions are rarely required for novice user.
While nothing changes there is little to talk about in terms of OTS.

I was disappointed with the last update as it did nothing for the user experience. The last update did not allow me to do anything different I could already do.
What OTS needs to do is to open it up their products by providing software hooks. 
This would allow 3rd party developers to rapidly produce add-ons such as DMX with beat modulation/midi etc or anything else that has been noted in the wish list.

This would stimulate new sales for OTS and the cycle would regenerates with more new 3rd party products.
I use the RAC server for this purpose but it provides very limited functionality and not in real time.

However developments along this line would then allow anyone to match their music automation product and therefore devalue its potential for OTS.
Also it is just a matter of time before DJ's are replaced by automation.  It can't "read the crowd" I hear you say but in ten years time we will all be sitting in the crowd and wondering what happened and saying "I never thought that would happen".  I have seen this scenario so many time in the computer industry. Those who tried to "ride it through" crashed and burned.
The band era has been and gone and now we are at the end of the DJ life cycle, heading into automation.

Sounds depressing, sure does.

For the time being however OTS coupled with a couple of add-on apps does almost what I need it to do.
I would still throw it all in before I changed from OTS to something else.

markebenson

Hello my friend and best regards!

"Reading the crowd" was a  great concept before android and I phones became a standard for listening to music. Most "crowds" would have at least a few groups within it that would have similar interests in music because radio stations and Mtv and such were the main source introducing the music to them. Now that people can listen to whatever they want anytime they want there is no medium. it is up to you to maintain a format that is productive for the venue and adjusting it slightly as needed.   Giving control to the said "crowd" is death these days. You need to be in control yourself not them. If not you will soon be disgraced by people asking you to plug their phone in to your mixer so they can hear their favorite song!

scott hanna

I Dj mostly weddings and corporate parties. When the day comes that a computer can Dj and mc a live event better than a good experienced Dj can, I'll gladly walk away. I won't be sad. I'll be amazed and will enjoy listening to it.
Djs that aren't bringing much to the table can easily be replaced. An iPod can play a list of music for 4-6 hours. If that's basically what a Dj is bringing, they won't be long for this business.
But a great Dj will know if and when a genre needs to change. They will know if the party needs more energy or less. They will know what requests should be played.. And when....and which to avoid.
The good Dj will see the different ages groups and be able to know how to react to their needs for that event.
When a computer can do those things better, people should use computers. I will.

Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Jigger

You are correct Scott, many people forget that Ots for example is only a means of playing music, what it plays needs input from someone.
As we all know good DJs do as you say read the audience etc. The same applied when (giving my age away) playing 45s and then cds, you had to know what to play. If all gigs were the same you would only need a couple of hundred tracks. If that was the case I would have soon become bored, you know yourself when you have had a good night and the great feeling.
Can you imagine a computer at the end of night bringing up a message saying That was a good night or Played some wrong tracks could of been better. Only the person who selected the music could say that and of course the audience.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro