Ots Users Forum

Started by Ed, March 03, 2015, 10:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Jeff, It's apparent, the majority of folks involving OTS is on Facebook now, not here! Perhaps it's time to close down this forum?

clover-leaf-productions

I still prefer private, purpose built forums such as this one.  Those kiddie places may be fine for sharing your latest exploit at the bar, and subjecting your computer to the latest virus, but they do not need my information.  I value my privacy, and have no need for what goes on in those places.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

milky

Quote from: clover-leaf-productions on March 03, 2015, 10:44:59 PM
I still prefer private, purpose built forums such as this one.  Those kiddie places may be fine for sharing your latest exploit at the bar, and subjecting your computer to the latest virus, but they do not need my information.  I value my privacy, and have no need for what goes on in those places.

What he said, besides, I have a professional reason to stay a million miles away from social media of any persuasion. I've stayed with this forum since the day I originally purchased "OtsJuke", and will continue until JJ pulls the pin, but don't expect me to migrate to "the other side".
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jigger

Just the same views as Milky and Brian, I also prefer the forum.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Darryl

I prefer the format of the forum to Facebook.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

TBO, it may be quieter, but it is also my preferred location to socialize with you all. It's much harder to locate content in FB than it is here IMO, and I usually put my content here, and link to it in FB so as not to loose it.

Unless Lane want's his server space back, I have no plans to close shop.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jigger

That's good to hear Jeff.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Ed

Well, I got the attention from our 5 regulars

dickus51

I also prefer this forum  :thumbsup:
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

Ed

Forums use to be the coolest thing on the internet, then the "blogs" were too. I have never had any issues with Facebook, I use a good anti virus program, I clean history and change passwords ever so often. I have had a page for 3 years now on FB with over 2,000 friends...so I guess you could say "to each his on"

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Spring!

Darryl

Quote from: Ed on March 04, 2015, 04:14:20 PM
Well, I got the attention from our 5 regulars

It's good to be regular :laugh:
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

clover-leaf-productions

It is interesting, this conversation has come up on other forums that I belong to.  The members all unanimously said they would not subscribe to face book.  The media wants us to believe a lot of things that are not true.  I think the popularity of face book might be one of them.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Jammin' Adam

/
/_______ THIS GUY doesn't do
\
  \

Facebook
Google +
Linked in
MySpace
Twitter

Will stick with discussion boards.

Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Ed

Quote from: clover-leaf-productions on March 04, 2015, 11:04:50 PM
It is interesting, this conversation has come up on other forums that I belong to.  The members all unanimously said they would not subscribe to face book.  The media wants us to believe a lot of things that are not true.  I think the popularity of face book might be one of them.

Point taken, like I said "to each his own", it's a free country at least for now., if you don't like something don't go there, change the channel. The topic is about whether this forum should remain open, personally it is so slow, I can take it or leave it. The opinions expressed here have mostly been staff and I will bet anyone here, when the next release comes, the chat will primarily be on Facebook!  :)

Jumpin' Jeff

I do participate on Facebook, I just don't care for it as much. This forum is so much easier to maintain, and like I said, find things.

Personally, If I had a choice in social media to use instead of a forum, it would be completely Google+, but alas, that page hasn't had a post in.... I don't know when! A couple years at least I think.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7