Ots dj silver

Started by Auckland NZ, January 12, 2015, 10:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auckland NZ

hello
just wondering if anyone knows - if i download OTSDJ silver can i back up my media library from otsdj pro and put into silver?
why i want to do this is so i can have same categories etc on silver as i have in pro.

Jumpin' Jeff

The media library is transportable from any version, to any version of Ots. The only exception is from some newer versions to older versions, and even then, if the older version doesn't recognize part of the library, it will skip the unrecognized chunks.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Auckland NZ

Thanks for that.
Can you tell me how i can do it?
From 1 puter i want to copy media library plus playlists to new puter which i have downloaded 30 day trail version to see if it works.
Also can anyone tell me how i get the OTSav info at the top permanently - eg search button/media button/playlist button and also where are the catorgies tabs?

any help will be greatful

cheers

Jumpin' Jeff

Just copy the database from the current computer, to the new, using the same data path. Do the same with the oml file that is by default located in your OtsLabs\Data folder.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Auckland NZ

:rolleyes:
Sorry for being a bit green with this but in the new data folder on silver theres an otsAVDjt (242kb)file so i have added my copied one of otsavdj (16439kb) and everytime i open silver i have to go through below process

1 -main menu
2 -File
3 -Media library then open
4 -save currant media state comes up
5 -open OML file comes up
6 -then i have the choice of OTSAVDJ (my copied file) or OTSAVDjt (already there)
Is this whats suppose to happen?
also i dont have no controls along above toolbar at browser top as it only says 30 day trail - will this toolbar appear when i purchase?

you mentioned database wheres that or is it all my music i have in a folder on desktop?

thanks again for your help

DICEDJ

Delete the file OTSAVDjt and the rename OTSAVDJ to OTSAVDjt.

That should work.

Andy

Corrected spelling error
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

Darryl

This page in the Ots Labs documentation explains the Media Library and the file name of the file in different variants of Ots AV:
http://docs.otslabs.com/OtsAV/help/using_otsav/media_library/media_library.htm
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Auckland NZ

Great
thanks for that - the info was good.
cheers

Auckland NZ

Now that i have copied that media library and have installed it on new Puter.
I also have my music in a folder on desktop.
This music has different pathways on new puter.

1) do i still import/refresh into media library ?
2) if so how do i get the media library to match up to these new pathways or songs.

If none of above please advise how.

apologies for being a pain as i really dont want to stuff it up

cheers

DICEDJ

You need to do a "RELINK"

I'm not acquainted with Ots Silver so I'm guessing it will be similar to OtsDJ 1.85

There hopefully is an icon that looks like a folder, which says import/refresh. If so press this and select "RELINK UNAVAILABLE FILES". Point the next screen to your NEW folder on the desktop.

Once this is completed you will need to select unavailable items from your library list and delete all unavailable items.

You should now have all your files with all their data on the new machine.

HTH

Andy
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

socialdancer

Quote from: DICEDJ on January 14, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

I'm not acquainted with Ots Silver so I'm guessing it will be similar to OtsDJ 1.85

Andy

AFAIK Silver is a cut down version of Esperence with no video features etc.

From some of Auckland's other questions I'm guessing his Pro version is 1.85 so he will also be faced with the differences between 1.85 & 1.9 in which case the documentation here will help a lot.

Auckland NZ

:laugh:
Thanks for all your help and yes youre right im moving from 185. to 190..
just before i do relink do i refresh files to media library first (then relink) or just relink straight from desktop folder with music

cheers
and thanks

Jumpin' Jeff

The re-link is the refresh. Don't do the refresh and a re-link, as that will likely duplicate your track items, and create a load of unavailable items in the process. All of the "New" available tracks won't have any genre and play info associated with them, and will be lost when you remove the unavailable duplicates.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Auckland NZ

hi
in the new ots silver - how do i find my  uncatergrised music ?????

socialdancer

Just enter uncat in the OMQL field.

There is a drop down arrow to the left of the OMQL field which will offer a list of example searches, including Uncategorized items.