can any one help

Started by andy ak, December 21, 2014, 10:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy ak

Thanks for letting us join this forum.  Been pulling my hair out for the last three to four weeks with the Ots-AV that I have got on my disco (mobile).  All started with Windows updates which stopped the Denon DN - HC4500 from recognising the laptop.  After contacting Ots Technical, managed to get the Denon to work again.  The latest problem seems to be with the output configuration.  For some unknown reason the music runs for about half an hour and all of a sudden, without any warning, track speeds up.  This could happen on either deck.  The only way I can get it to run without speeding up is to have both decks out on one line on the mixer.  As you can imagine, this is causing me quite a problem.  Ots now have said  that there is no more that they can do  to help.  They seem to think it is something to do with the laptop.  But before the Windows update everything was running well. 

Would appreciate any help that anybody can give me on this matter, as got gigs coming up over Christmas and really don't want it working like this for these gigs.  Would like to say a big thank you in advance.

socialdancer

I don't know if anyone can help but it would make it easier if we had as much detail as possible about your setup, Windows version, audio drivers, otsAV version and output config etc.
Does the pitch change when the tracks speed up?

You could try using System Restore to return your laptop to the state it was in before the updates to see if that fixes the problem.

clover-leaf-productions

Also in a case like this, it helps if you post your license number, so that we can ensure you are not running a cracked version of Ots.  The cracked versions have many problems like the one you describe built into the system to thwart the illegal use of the product.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

Jumpin' Jeff

FYI, Andy has already shared with me during his registration process, that he had communicated with OtsLabs, and retrieved assistance from them on another problem that ended up creating this problem.

Personally, I don't have this controller, and thus, no experience to assist him with.

Only thing I can think of is his audio devices crystal is unstable, and speeding up, but I find that difficult to believe.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

DICEDJ

Andy

I have a Denon 2500 that took some time to get working properly on Win 8. As Social Dancer said, let us know the details of your laptop, O/s, drivers.

I had to do a Firmware update to get the ASIO drivers to work properly so the updating the firmware of your 4500 may help.

AndyS

OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

milky

Is it not possible to roll back the update? I NEVER allow my gig boxes to update, working on the principle that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

andy ak

Quote from: milky on December 21, 2014, 06:03:02 PM
Is it not possible to roll back the update? I NEVER allow my gig boxes to update, working on the principle that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sorry folks, just got back from a gig,  Thanks ever so much for your responses.  Let me see if I can fill you in a bit more about the gear I am using.  Laptop is a Lenovo type 4233 with a 360 gig which is at the end of space, hence why I needed to do updates.  Laptop was taken to a friend that knows a lot about computers but not knowledgeable around Ots AV.  The ASIO driver is version 2.2.2 running at 44.1khz 16 bit with an audio buffer size of 1024 sample.  The Ots is the Ots AV DJ Pro running on the Denon DNHC 4500 controller.  Before updates it was all good, but now since updates were done and also Ots Technical's advice now after half an hour roughly in playing on air tracks want to speed up.  The only way of stopping this that I have found is to close the progamme and re-open.  Output configuration is set on On Air Half Denon DJ OSIO driver with enable ticked and three/four on  cue and live input with old school mode ticked.  Saved as wave file format is 41-100 hz 16 bit but this is still speeding up. 

Hope this helps for anybody out there that knows the Ots software to help me resolve this problem.

Many thanks
Andy

DICEDJ

Andy

Like Milky my machines NEVER get connected to the internet and therefore never update. If your hard drive is nearly full updates will NOT help it. They will simply take up more space compounding the problem.

Option A as has been suggested is the best option, Rollback to when it last worked.

Option B supply Operating system version XP, Win7, Win8. Firmware on 4500, and then go through various stress until it gets fixed

Once laptop working properly DON"T allow it anywhere near the internet.

Andy

I'm in the UK, you can PM with a telephone number and we can talk you through it.

Andy
OtsDJ Pro 1.75 [with free upgrades to 2.0]    PAWQ-AAHJ, PAAA-BHQZ, PAAA-BK5L, PAAA-BK5J,
PAZY-AXH1
Video Module  PBMZ-MF6T, Boombox  PB18-J4XQ
S&L  PACS-TPLG

JAylmer

With Windows updates you can also get driver updates. As I recall these need to be manually ticked to be selected though so you would know if it was Windows updates.

Some Manufactures, not sure if Lenovo (IBM) is one but many manufacturers have their own driver update system independent of Windows updates.
It looks like a driver has been updated and is now causing your issue (best guess).

If it were me I would:
Look for a manufacturers driver update service and permanently disable it (these are a disaster on any PC).
Using the drivers CD for that Laptop, reinstall the original drivers.
Looks like you can use http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-75236 to update drivers if required but probably won't be needed.

I for one always have Windows updates turned on - rarely had an issue (just don't manually select the drivers to be applied if any).
My machine does get connected to the Internet so I have to do Windows Updates.

The manufacturers driver update service - I always disable - had plenty of issues with those services.  But at least they normally ask first before applying the update.

Perhaps discuss this procedure with your PC friend first to evaluate.

andy ak

Quote from: DICEDJ on December 21, 2014, 08:13:09 PM
Andy

Like Milky my machines NEVER get connected to the internet and therefore never update. If your hard drive is nearly full updates will NOT help it. They will simply take up more space compounding the problem.

Option A as has been suggested is the best option, Rollback to when it last worked.

Option B supply Operating system version XP, Win7, Win8. Firmware on 4500, and then go through various stress until it gets fixed

Once laptop working properly DON"T allow it anywhere near the internet.

Andy

I'm in the UK, you can PM with a telephone number and we can talk you through it.

Andy
hi andy thanks for the info i will pm you if thats ok

andy ak

Quote from: JAylmer on December 21, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
With Windows updates you can also get driver updates. As I recall these need to be manually ticked to be selected though so you would know if it was Windows updates.

Some Manufactures, not sure if Lenovo (IBM) is one but many manufacturers have their own driver update system independent of Windows updates.
It looks like a driver has been updated and is now causing your issue (best guess).

If it were me I would:
Look for a manufacturers driver update service and permanently disable it (these are a disaster on any PC).
Using the drivers CD for that Laptop, reinstall the original drivers.
Looks like you can use http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-75236 to update drivers if required but probably won't be needed.

I for one always have Windows updates turned on - rarely had an issue (just don't manually select the drivers to be applied if any).
My machine does get connected to the Internet so I have to do Windows Updates.

The manufacturers driver update service - I always disable - had plenty of issues with those services.  But at least they normally ask first before applying the update.

Perhaps discuss this procedure with your PC friend first to evaluate.
thanks for the help

andy ak

thank you to every one that has help on this

socialdancer

Quote from: andy ak on December 21, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

Laptop is a Lenovo type 4233 with a 360 gig which is at the end of space, hence why I needed to do updates.  Laptop was taken to a friend that knows a lot about computers but not knowledgeable around Ots AV. 

Call me paranoid but I'm now wondering what these 'updates' were.  I think we are all assuming the ubiquitous Windows Updates but from the mention of the full HDD perhaps the update was the friend swapping in a new bigger HDD and copying/cloning the old one.
If this is the case we have a whole new can of worms. :wowza:

andy ak

Quote from: socialdancer on December 22, 2014, 01:39:08 AM
Call me paranoid but I'm now wondering what these 'updates' were.  I think we are all assuming the ubiquitous Windows Updates but from the mention of the full HDD perhaps the update was the friend swapping in a new bigger HDD and copying/cloning the old one.
If this is the case we have a whole new can of worms. :wowza:

hi just windows updates and we never got round to the copying of the hard drive